1.    #1  
    I'm looking to upgrade from my Sprint Treo 600 to the 650. As I have 18 months left on my contract, but am eligible for their upgrade discount, it looks like the best price I can get is Amazon's $519.99 - $150 Sprint upgrade discount, or $370.

I don't see anything else I'd qualify for, except for a free bluetooth headset PalmOne is offering for Sprint right now

(OT, anyone use one of these free bluetooth headsets? I'm assuming they are the same ones given out by Palm when the 650 first launched last year.)

Verizon is the only other carrier I'd consider switching to and it looks like the best I could do there is $299.99, but I'd have to take the Sprint contract breakage fee of $150 into account so the total would be more like $450.

Anyone know of any better deals for existing customers?
    ? The sprint $150 discount...isnt that the discount you get if you have had the same phone for 18+ months? I thought you said you hadn't had your phone for 18 mos.?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    ? The sprint $150 discount...isnt that the discount you get if you have had the same phone for 18+ months? I thought you said you hadn't had your phone for 18 mos.?
    That what it sounds like to me...I think he's a bit confused.

REQUIREMENTS FOR CUSTOMERS upgrading your Sprint PCS Phone(s)
    1. The same phone must have been activated for at least 18 consecutive months on your account and
    your account cannot have any unpaid past-due amounts.
    2. You must sign up on a Sprint PCS Service Plan with Vision in order to qualify for mail-in rebates on
    Sprint PCS Vision Phones.
    3. You must activate on a service plan of $34.99 or higher ($34.99 is base monthly plan price and does
    not include fees for add-on features and services).
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    I've had the 600 since Nov. of 2003. However, I was a Sprint employee until October of last year (part of the PRPRPR $group$) $and$ $on$ $a$ $comp$. $plan$.

When I left the company, I had to go on a personal plan, and was signed up for a two year contract. Because I've had the hardware for 18+ months I'm eligible for the discount, but still have time on my two year plan...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That what it sounds like to me...I think he's a bit confused.
    Or maybe not....

Anybody that can address the question rather than debate my service status?
    Ok...that makes sense. I have been handcuffed so to speak because of my plan and I thought you might have found some new discount that I could exploit ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

You could always try CompUSA. I got my 650 for under $300 and I was an existing customer. They're rebates were instant and were supposed to be for new customers, but I still got the deal. You might see if your local store does the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford
    Or maybe not....

Anybody that can address the question rather than debate my service status?
    Not off the top of my head. But maybe you should have left your service status out of the equation, and just said you were eligible, rather than trying to confuse the issue. What was the point in saying you have 18 months left on your plan in the first place if it doesn't matter??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You could always try CompUSA. I got my 650 for under $300 and I was an existing customer. They're rebates were instant and were supposed to be for new customers, but I still got the deal. You might see if your local store does the same.
    Did you have to get a new phone number or were you able to port it over?

Same phone number, of course. It takes about 60 seconds to program a new phone when you upgrade. There is no porting.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Same phone number, of course. It takes about 60 seconds to program a new phone when you upgrade. There is no porting.
    I just want to know what to ask for when I go so that I can get all the same discounts and keep my number!

I know that they can give you the same number but when I have contacted my local sprint store...they tell me that I have to get another line because that required for all the rebates.

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Not off the top of my head. But maybe you should have left your service status out of the equation, and just said you were eligible, rather than trying to confuse the issue. What was the point in saying you have 18 months left on your plan in the first place if it doesn't matter??
    Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse the issue, but rather to simply point out that any "new customer deal" someone may know about would be hampered by a $150 contract breakage fee that I'd have to pay to Sprint While I'd prefer to remain with Sprint, I'd move to Verizon if I could get a fairly better price.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 man
    Good to know, and it's at least worth a trip in to look. Were most of these rebates CompUSA rebates? I can't imagine they came from the carrier, although I recently met someone who claimed the Sprint Store simply upgraded him to a 650 from a 600 for free/exchange for his 600 because he had been having numerous problems with his 600.

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I just want to know what to ask for when I go so that I can get all the same discounts and keep my number!

I know that they can give you the same number but when I have contacted my local sprint store...they tell me that I have to get another line because that required for all the rebates.
    T2, other than Sprint's upgrade program, I know of no other way to get "all" discounts that are out there for new customers, as the greatest carier subsidies are still for new vs existing customers. However, I'm going to have to try and follow 200 man's lead and see what CompUSA is doing differently...or perhaps they are simply mishandling their rebate program to the benefit of the customer?
    You should search for a thread that I started about the CompUSA deal that I got. I believe that it came down to whether or not your local store does in-store activations. My store doesn't (or didn't when I bought my 650) so everyone gets the same price since that's what it rings up as at the register.
    I got my 650 for $100 from Verizon. I had the V710 replaced 3 times and asked for a different phone of equal or freater value and that I'd pay the difference. I paid 300 for my 710 in October 04 and had nothing but problems. So they gave me the 650 for the difference. Not something I normally do but my luck with the Motorola V710 was just not there.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Costco, if available where you live, has the phone for $479 w/o activation. With the $150 rebate, that brings it down to $329, and Costco has the best return policy. Pretty much, return anything, at anytime. As of 7/1 I'm eligible for the 18mo upgrade and that is where I plan on picking up mine.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    Costco, if available where you live, has the phone for $479 w/o activation. With the $150 rebate, that brings it down to $329, and Costco has the best return policy. Pretty much, return anything, at anytime. As of 7/1 I'm eligible for the 18mo upgrade and that is where I plan on picking up mine.
    wow, thought I had a winner. My local Costco didn't have any in stock, however, and the guy at the wireless counter told me the charge would be $569 without activation.

And I realized I misread the Amazon price. The best "phone only" deal they have is $551.90, which would bring my cost to $401.90
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat as you dslunceford, trying to find the best deal as a 18+ treo600 user....

forgive me if this is wrong, but what is to stop you/me from buying the phone from treocentral.com for $419.99? It used to be in the past that the reseller didnt actually do that activation when you ordered, you still had to call Sprint to activate it. (ie, you get the phone activate it with a new #, then send a copy of the bill to treocentral for the rebate).

If we could then pay $419.99, minus the $150 from sprint = $269.99

This sounds too simple to me and that other people would have already thought of it, but what do you think?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    I'm in the same boat as you dslunceford, trying to find the best deal as a 18+ treo600 user....

forgive me if this is wrong, but what is to stop you/me from buying the phone from treocentral.com for $419.99? It used to be in the past that the reseller didnt actually do that activation when you ordered, you still had to call Sprint to activate it. (ie, you get the phone activate it with a new #, then send a copy of the bill to treocentral for the rebate).

If we could then pay $419.99, minus the $150 from sprint = $269.99

This sounds too simple to me and that other people would have already thought of it, but what do you think?
    I don't know. From going partway through the purchase screens it certainly looks like you are activating (as you must pick a plan, etc), so I don't think this will work...