Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Have you guys seen this?

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....0540&src=IMFRO

It's WiFi solution for 650, can it may work without the hack!!!
    Jon: its been posted about before (search)

I like it because it has its own power supply but I am curious how fast the upload and download will be.

Plus...look at it...its a brick

BTW-I dont think it needs a hack.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Thanks. I got excited because the 600 version is sold here and it says it will be available around 7/6. (Of course it didn't say what year) :-)

From looking at the product pdf file, it doesn't look too big.

https://www.enfora.com/downloads/specsheets/wln1501.pdf
    I saw it in person at CES this last year... It's a huge sled, I promise. We laughed as we walked away fro the booth. I would extimate that it doubles the thickness of the Treo... At least the one we saw in the booth did.

Great idea, poor execution, in my opinion.
    Sprint Treo 700wx on Minneapolis network
    HDTV event and product coverage with industry interviews at TechnologyEvangelist.com
    I think if it would have come out about 9 months ago AND the T650 had the same port on the bottom...then it probably would have done a lot better.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Vaporware....
    IMHO.
    This thing was supposed to be available 4 months ago.
    I think they should release any sled in the winter, it's much more fun!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Latest I heard from a rep is that they had a few snafu's but it is going to go live the end of this month (shipping). The one in the PDF is the final, and it isn't that bad sizewise. But time will tell for sure.
    Here's the link to the PDF that DrFalken was referring to. The final version, assuming that's what's in the PDF, doesn't look like a brick to me at all. It actually looks much better than what's on their front page. Check out the PDF
    https://www.enfora.com/downloads/specsheets/wln1501.pdf
    I'm getting worried about this thing-- its been pushed back from February; it seemed like right after July 4th was the date for a while. I'd also like to read a few reviews before I buy one-- could be buggy. Has anyone seen any reviews? Thanks--
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Enfora should have made the sled into a full-sized case to eliminate the need for one. My Treo is in an Innopocket Aluminum case so that basically eliminates the practicality of a sled.
    How is the viewing on the Treo for internet access? Do you connect only to a mobile sites?

I know cell phones have WAP and connects to websites that are only designed for mobile access.
    RFZENYEN
    you can connect to any website on the treo already
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you can connect to any website on the treo already
    Sure-- but on Verizon in the USA, its $50 a month for a slower than dialup connection. rfzenyen; you can pull up any site but most are useless and incredibly slow to load-- when I had mine connected I used Squeezer, avantgo and other palm optimized sites
    Darn it....
    Enfora website still says coming soon.
    I have no trust left in this product .
    Will probably have Treo 700's with built in Wifi, before this thing ever comes out.
    Some people just don't get It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Will probably have Treo 700's with built in Wifi, before this thing ever comes out.
    Some people just don't get It.
    And as long as Enfora is taking their time, we wont get this either.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    If Enfora can create a product that allows the Treo to use WiFi, why can't Palm just add some drivers and allow us to do it without a huge sled???
    It is yet to be seen if Enfora can create a product that allows the Treo to use WFi. As of yet this product has become vaporware.

Judging by the constant delays...I'd guess it's not as simple as we might think.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    If Enfora can create a product that allows the Treo to use WiFi, why can't Palm just add some drivers and allow us to do it without a huge sled???
    Although no one knows this for sure, the thinking is that the carriers insisted that wi-fi be either disabled or crippled on smartphones so that the customers would have to pay for data plans. Palm has to go along with this to sell phones that carriers support.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalindavenue
    Although no one knows this for sure, the thinking is that the carriers insisted that wi-fi be either disabled or crippled on smartphones so that the customers would have to pay for data plans. Palm has to go along with this to sell phones that carriers support.
    While that's a possibility, a less paranoid view is that the power needed to sustain a wifi connection is not within the specs of the Treo 600 or 650's battery, or would simply suck all the power within a very short period, thus making it not a very worthwhile place to dedicate developer resources...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

So, today is July 29th (the TreoCentral Store says the Wi-Fi sled for the 600 will be avail. around today). Anyone heard anything about this? I've emailed Enfora repeatedly about a possible release date and have never heard from them. Seems to me like this is in the vaporware dustbin.

-Sketchy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast