Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my replacement phone from Cingular. It has a mushy P key and is going back. Another one is on its way to me for Monday.

As a consolation, do you think I can send the Treo back without its stylus?

I hope that I will not be stuck in REFURB hell and get units that are not is 100% working condition.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Why not keep the battery too...why stop with the stylus?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yes, return it. If you don't return it, my replacement, should I need one in the future, might be missing a stylus.
    I think you should keep the battery. What if the replacement did not come with a battery? When I had my Kyocera 7135 replaced, I was told to keep my battery because the replacement would not come with one.

Oh, BTW, I did keep the 7135's stylus so that I would have an extra. That little stick was all plastic and worn from pressing the reset button so many times anyways.
    All jokes aside: Keep the stylus everything gets replaced at factory, including the battery, when i got my sprint replacement it came with a new battery and stylus, I kept my stylus by accident by leaving it at home, they didn't even bother ask about it. I doubt if you can get away with the battery as they may hold you to that, but the stylus is a throw away item..

Dear Potential Flamers,

Bring it on I'm ready
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    I always keep the stylus out of 5 years of Treos. Battery I return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why not keep the battery too...why stop with the stylus?
    OMG...Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I kept my stylus by accident by leaving it at home, they didn't even bother ask about it. I doubt if you can get away with the battery as they may hold you to that, but the stylus is a throw away item..
    Not trying to flame but just curious...

You justify intentionally keeping the stylus (you forgot so it wasnt intentional for you) because its a throw away item?

How did you come to the conclusion that the stylus was a throw away item? And to top it off, you would advocate keeping the battery except for the fact that "they may hold you to that" so if they didnt, you'd keep it?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

8.    #9  
    It did not include a new battery. I bought the 3 pack of spare stylus with the pen. Maybe I will send one of those back with the phone!
    I hope they replace the stylus or at least steralize it before they recirculate it back into the sytem there are a million and one alternative uses for a stylus and half of those are poking and prying at places you shouldnt bother with
    I would send the stylus back. I'm planning on getting one of those with a pen inside anyhow. . .
    I picked up one of them pen stylus' infact it has a pen/pencil and stylus and I use it regularly while I am on the road or working.

When I am sitting in a hotel room or at home I still have a habit of keeping my work pen with my wallet and other day to day items usually out of reach.
    I'll trade either of you a pen stylus for your original stylus.

Pamela
    I keep the battery and the stylus...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    I'll trade either of you a pen stylus for your original stylus.

Pamela
    Why don't you like the pen stylus? I was hoping it would be an improvement.
  15.    #16  
    I did a practice upgrade on the replacement Treo that will be going back. Went from 1.05/1.04 to 1.23 to 1.28/1.13-ROW all in about 30 minutes. Restored all my apps via HotSync. I did not bother getting the unlock code again because this phone is short lived.

I am using the phone with the mushy P key. Yuk! How can Palm not catch this?

I wonder how Cingular will react to getting back a phone with the ROW software installed. Can't imagine how this violates any warranty terms. Any comments?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I was told by palmOne to keep the battery and stylus of my original unit because the replacement unit would not have them. Maybe they do things differently than the carriers. Not shipping the battery around probably saves them a fair amount of money over time.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    You should return what you got - if they sent a unit with stylus and battery, then return the stylus and battery. If not, then obviously dont. If you like the replacement stylus better that yours (?), then keep the replacement stylus and send them your old one.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Not trying to flame but just curious...

You justify intentionally keeping the stylus (you forgot so it wasnt intentional for you) because its a throw away item?

How did you come to the conclusion that the stylus was a throw away item?
    Yes, with Sprint and some other carriers it's a replenished item, it's treated just like the phone casing: TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    And to top it off, you would advocate keeping the battery except for the fact that "they may hold you to that" so if they didnt, you'd keep it?
    If they did'nt hold me to the battery, YES I would keep it, and I'm pretty sure those batteries are thrown away, there's a low chance they are used as cores in bulk for refubs but at the price a large company pays for them there's a 90% chance they are throw aways just like the casing...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    When verizon sent a replacement phone they told me not to send the accessories since they're only sending the phone. In my case they sent the phone and I repacked my old phone in the box provided. The new phone came with stylus and the battery so the whole treo went back.
    best if you can have them send you the replacement phone first.
    In my case I was then able to compare the phoens side by side. The new phone display was darker and yellow so I asked them to send a new, new replacement. In this case I was able to compare all 3 phones. The newest had the best display.
    Looking at the displays and the testing specs doesn't seem like quality control is their strong suit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast