1.    #1  
    I downloaded an Old Telephone ring tone wave file from the My Treo forum. Where do you place this wave file and how do you install it on the Treo?

Have to load Wave files on to SD card TREO won't recognize if you try to load it into RAM. from my understanding
    Actually that's not correct. If you send the wave file via bluetooth it will get installed in the ringtones database. There are several threads on this already. On the palmOne website this article ( http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,Case=obj(19349) ) talks about adding AMR ringtones. Follow the same method for adding a wave file as a ringtone.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    Have to load Wave files on to SD card TREO won't recognize if you try to load it into RAM. from my understanding
    But if they're on the card how do you get them into the ringtones data base as a wav file?
    sorry, my bad about the ram thing

I use ringo pro and it recognizes the files on the card so you can assign them as a rington
    I thought Ringo only recognizes mp3 files. Don't you need LightWav for .wav files, because of the wav plugin?
    [tony]
    I downloaded .wav files from the internet through blazer. Then when it asked me where to save it. I put it in sounds. It shows up with all the other ringtones now.
    This is strange.

I saved a wav to my SD card. The when into Blazer and opened it:

file///audio.xxx.wav

But it only allows me to save it to Pocket Tunes or my card. No option for sounds there it won't get added to the ringtone database.

When I do the same thing with a .mid file it offers me the option of saving it to sounds.

It's not a big deal for me since I use Lightwav but I would like to get the sound for AIM new IMs received into the ringtone database so I can use it for incoming alerts in Verichat.
    correct, ringo recognized mp3, not wave. I just use MP3. Wasn't thinking if they needed to know the process or specifically about wav files.
    I've never tried to do it that way. However if you get it online via blazer or via versamail it should offer to save it in sounds. By far the easiest way to add a wave file is via bluetooth file transfer. If you have a computer with bluetooth, transfer the file and it will offer to put it into sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    This is strange.

I saved a wav to my SD card. The when into Blazer and opened it:

file///audio.xxx.wav

But it only allows me to save it to Pocket Tunes or my card. No option for sounds there it won't get added to the ringtone database.

When I do the same thing with a .mid file it offers me the option of saving it to sounds.

It's not a big deal for me since I use Lightwav but I would like to get the sound for AIM new IMs received into the ringtone database so I can use it for incoming alerts in Verichat.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680