1.    #1  
    Last week, I could have landed a good deal on a 1GB SD card, but was not sure the 600 would recognize it. I checked the manual and saw no info on what the limits are.

Will a 1G module be seen correctly?

I am very curious to what people run and if there are any problems as the size is increased.

Thanks,
    Mike
    The Treo 600/650 should hold up to 2gb sd cards (it is SD 1.0).

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I have a SanDisk 512mg card and decided to get a Kingston 1 gig card. I copied all the files over from the 512 to the 1gig card using a USB memory adapter but when I put the 1 gig card into my T650 it doesn't see any data on the card (no Icons on the card screen, but if I look at the details of the card I get an accurate reading on how much memory is being used.... anyone care to hazzard a guess as to why?
    As above, so below

Professional>VDX>Prism>T600>T650
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    The Treo 600/650 should hold up to 2gb sd cards (it is SD 1.0).

Timmay

It has nothing to do with teh SD ver spec. It is because the palmOS version on the Treos support Fat 16 which can recognize a max capacity of 2 GB on expansion cards. The Lifedrive however supports Fat 32 and can support larger cards...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Calverta
    I have a SanDisk 512mg card and decided to get a Kingston 1 gig card. I copied all the files over from the 512 to the 1gig card using a USB memory adapter but when I put the 1 gig card into my T650 it doesn't see any data on the card (no Icons on the card screen, but if I look at the details of the card I get an accurate reading on how much memory is being used.... anyone care to hazzard a guess as to why?

Try formating the card on the Treo first. If the card is formated to Fat 32 on the desktop, then the Treo will not recognize it. It must be formated using Fat 16...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I ended up formatting as you said and then installing all files through the quick install (if I used a USB memory adapter the files weren't visible...) Tx. However.... I am trying to get a 22mg file onto the card and can't insatll it - anyone know why?
    As above, so below

Professional>VDX>Prism>T600>T650