Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where Palm accepts bug reports? Email?

I upgraded to ver 1.12 and have an obvious bug that should have been corrected prior to release.

Bug: When phone/radio is off. Approximately 214 new emails. The email indicator on the phone screen is cutoff. (ie. The 4 in 214 is not displayed properly.) When the phone/radio is turned on and screen refreshed, this issue is not seen.

Please post short descriptions of bugs. I will endeavor to submit these to Palm.

Thanks,
    ~Pwr
    Since 1.12, after a reset, the SD card isn't recognized until the phone "goes to sleep" and wakes up once. Then it's fine until I reset the phone again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwrplayer
    Please post short descriptions of bugs. I will endeavor to submit these to Palm.

Thanks,
    ~Pwr
    The 1.12 firmware now does "additional HW checking" and my phone speaker and speakerphone and microphone stopped working after the upgrade from 1.08. Only headset makes the phone usable.

The Sprint store has a replacement phone on order but it has been a real pain using the phone since the upgrade (and it will be a whole week until Sprint get the replacement in).
    My list:

Power issues. There is far too much drain on the battery compared to 1.08.

Not sure I understand why the screen needs to turn on when it goes out of service. This seems like a total waste of power to me.

When set to be connected to the network when the radio is on, it keeps attempting to connect but is failing, cannot clear alert messages, or otherwise use the device.

Random flicker of the amber status light and the screen. The Treo is doing something, but who knows what or why.

-Chris
    Is anyone having a problem when dialing a number it says "dialing" and then locks the phone up for about 30 seconds and then resets??? That seems to be the only problem I have encountered so far...
    Since 1.12, my Parrot Easy Drive hands-free car kit stopped allowing voice commands.

Parrot tech support thinks it's because the Treo's Bluetooth Object Push Profile (OPP) was killed by the "upgrade."

I'd love to revert back to 1.08, if anyone can tell me how.
    version 1.12 volume is a lot lower than 1.08. I have to turn volume on phone and headset all the way to get mediocre sound.
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    100% perfect for me. No bugs. No volume issues. No battery issues. It added new features and fixed some of the old problems with 1.08. All this from a custom ROM that I made myself.
    The only bug for me has been the Universal Wireless Keyboard. It seems to be possessed now. Other than that, everything seems to be working like a charm.
    I had the same problem with my universal keyboard. PalmOne release a new driver for the keyboard about two weeks ago which fied the problem for me
    Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by jgerry11
    I had the same problem with my universal keyboard. PalmOne release a new driver for the keyboard about two weeks ago which fied the problem for me
    Jason
    the new driver did not help my "possessed" keyboard. Is the new one 1.08?
    The 1.12 upgrade also wipes out any photos or videos you have on memory (i.e. not already saved to card), despite the backup/restore sync Wipes them off you PC too..

HUGE oversight and big pain in the arse.

Chalk up another QA testing blunder for the P1 team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    The 1.12 upgrade also wipes out any photos or videos you have on memory (i.e. not already saved to card), despite the backup/restore sync Wipes them off you PC too..

HUGE oversight and big pain in the arse.

Chalk up another QA testing blunder for the P1 team.
    Not on mine. All of my photos were still there after the update (both on the phone and my PC).
    1.12 is the update from hell. After updating, the treo refuses to sleep. If I do a reset, the updater runs again. If I do a soft reset, the phone stops working. If I do a hard reset, it's all ok, but the contact list is lunched. If I then Hotsync to restore the contact list, the updater runs again, and I'm back to square 1. I can't find a way to get everything restored. Anyoneknow how I can keep Hotsync from running the updater?
    Uh, don't resync the updater files back to the palm, isn't it obvious that you've somehow backed up the files on the PC, and when you hotsync you're bringing them right back.

Perhaps the install directory didn't get cleaned when you did the upgrade, either way this is user error.
    Why does everyone insist on running the updater from Palm? Just load the ROM by itself or load your own custom ROM.
    For those of you having problems after the 1.12 sprint update, I would suggest the following:

- backup your treo.
    - do a HARD resent on your treo, NOT soft reset.
    - restore your files.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by emdtreo
    1.12 is the update from hell. After updating, the treo refuses to sleep. If I do a reset, the updater runs again. If I do a soft reset, the phone stops working. If I do a hard reset, it's all ok, but the contact list is lunched. If I then Hotsync to restore the contact list, the updater runs again, and I'm back to square 1. I can't find a way to get everything restored. Anyoneknow how I can keep Hotsync from running the updater?
    user error...you didn't delete the install files from your Backup directory
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Is anyone having a problem when dialing a number it says "dialing" and then locks the phone up for about 30 seconds and then resets??? That seems to be the only problem I have encountered so far...
    Yes!, and again, glad I'm not the only one. The first couple of times I thought it could be related to coverage, but I work in the core metropolitan area of Seattle and it's happened there a few times as well. I haven't noticed a pattern, other than it only seems to happen when I use a number from the contacts list (rather than the call log or other sources).

My provider is Cingular...
    Quote Originally Posted by emdtreo

just go into your palm user folder and take out the "backups" folder and place it on the desktop. then hotsync. that should get rid of the reinstalling updater issue.

you might want to hang onto the old backup folder for anything you've missed.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast