Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks. I called Sprint Tech Support and they made several valuable suggestions. I finally did a hard reset to clear everything, and then I hotsynced witha new user name. Then, using export and import, and switching between the 2 user names on the palm desktop, I transferred all my stuff to the new user name without problem.
    Another hotsync and voila! All is well.
    Just so everyone knows: After I installed 1.12, I had nothing but problems with my phone application. Everything hotsynced well, it transferred all my files back to the Treo, but the phone had several problems. Those being:

1) Speaker phone icon did not show up during a call.
    2) After a connection was made, I could not hear the other person and they could not hear me.
    3) When I would unplug my headset and plug it back in, it would disconnect the call.
    4) General Sounds do not come out of the phone (the sound when you turn the phone on & off, when you place the phone on the charger, etc. - The calendar alarms still worked, phone still rang, etc.)

The only way I could get the phone to work was to: Wake the phone up, plug in the headset, then place the call. At that point, the calls work most of the time, but every once in a while the person on the other end cannot hear me. SO, I decided that Sprint couldn't POSSIBLY have released a bad update, so it must be me or some 3rd party software that I installed; so I RE-Installed the ROM and did not put back my old files and APPS, and I was only using the OEM ROM 1.12. The phone STILL had all of these problems. At that point I knew it was not me and it was Sprint.

I called Sprint to troubleshoot. I told them about all my problems. They recommended that I RE-Install the ROM. I told them, unless you are directing me to install a different ROM file, it won't work becausee I've already done it twice. They said, "Well, based on what you've told us, this matches what 1000's of other users have had problems with along with about 250 other issues. Unfortunately, you cannot revert back to an old ROM. These problems started with the 1.08 update, but escalated with the 1.12 update. Therefore, I will put a note on your account for you to receive a new phone by stopping by your closest Sprint store."

Now, the only problem I had with version 1.08 was with the General Audio not coming through the phone (problem #4 from above), but I had installed the program 'Freedom' that I had seen other people talk about and that was a fine fix. The Sprint rep told me that I was fortunate to only have THAT wrong with version 1.08.

I told the rep, I do NOT want a Refurbished phone because I bought a NEW phone only 2 months ago and this was SPRINT'S fault. She said it would depend upon the store and that I would probably get a Refurb if they had them. I told her I would cause a stink if that was the case. I have not yet gone to pick up my new phone, but I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Just thought I'd let everyone know what my experience was and hopefully it will help someone else out and let them know they are not crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TalonTrax
    1) Speaker phone icon did not show up during a call.
    2) After a connection was made, I could not hear the other person and they could not hear me.
    3) When I would unplug my headset and plug it back in, it would disconnect the call.
    4) General Sounds do not come out of the phone (the sound when you turn the phone on & off, when you place the phone on the charger, etc. - The calendar alarms still worked, phone still rang, etc.)
    Search here on the forums. This is a known problem. You have a faulty audio jack. The update changed the way the Treo handled the switch inside the audio jack, which was broken all along.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Sorry, could not edit the last post to add a link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87848
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdeckard
    My list:

Power issues. There is far too much drain on the battery compared to 1.08.

Not sure I understand why the screen needs to turn on when it goes out of service. This seems like a total waste of power to me.

Random flicker of the amber status light and the screen. The Treo is doing something, but who knows what or why.

-Chris
    Chris,
    Are you sure that these are with 1.12? My battery started going nuts with 1.08 and now with 1.12, it seems a touch slower.

Also since 1.08 my screen has turned on when I go in and out of service and I do it twice driving in and out of my housing track to get to the main road, so it happens alot. I attributed the power drain to it. I agree it is a waste!

As for the amber light, I know for a fact Sprint sends updates out over the air. Some days my phone will need 3 or 4 resets. Then after about a week without me doing anything to it, it stops needing the resets. About 3 weeks ago, it wouldn't pair at all with my car unless I had the phone "awake". 5 days later, it goes back to pairing as I'm driving out of the track.

My experience with 1.08 was NASTY! But about 2 weeks after I took it, the phone started working normally again. My guess is that they do alpha testing and some minimal beta before a release. THEN send out little patches to fix the things they didn't get!

Knock on wood, but the 1.12 has been great for me! Better battery life, instant pairing, louder sound and instant dialing. I'm a happy camper at the moment. Now if they could just fix your phone and leave mine alone!
    Kim
    Lots of resets in Blazer and WinHand. Does not keep the button preference for Versamail upon soft reset.
    OK OK, WOW! TriangleRocks, you were so right. The problem IS with the audio jack. I had actually accidentally got my phone working after Sprint did send me a brand new phone (after much grumbling on my part). I didn't know how I had got it working, but I wasn't going to complain. Then, last night the phone started not working again. I was like, "OH NO, NOT THIS AGAIN! GRRRrrrrrrr!!!" After reading your post, it did make sense that it could be an audio jack issue because the 'Speakerphone On' button does disappear if it thinks the headphone is plugged in AND it does cause the 'General Audio' to be routed through the headset. So, this morning, after reading your post, I figured, well, if it didn't work before, then it did work, then it stopped again, I could probably jostle it to work again. After a couple quick in & out inserts of the headset into the audio jack and then one good smack on the table for good measure, I tried placing a call. Wow, the 'Speakerphone On' function appeared. Then I unplugged it from the charger and the 'General Audio' worked again. OMG, I cannot believe it. Now at least I know the source of the problem. If the problem gets worse or more frequent, I wonder if I could open up the phone and resolder the points again. Is that what the problem with the phone is, bad solder points? What specifically is wrong with the phone jack?!? Thanks for the input!
    I'm having the exact same audio problems since yesterdays upgrade to 1.12. The only fix is to have the phone replaced?
    i second that. i love the update.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12