1.    #1  
    A friend has ordered a 650 through Orange CS and has been given the run around for weeks now over a delivery date. He had enough this afternoon and managed to track down someone fairly high up within Orange CS called Kevin Moore. Kevin called him back this afternoon and said he went to went across to another building to speak to the team that handles the Treo 650 and was told that it had been sent back to the US and effectively re-called.

Apparently there have been too many issues with the software and it has been sent back to palmone for re-engineering.

There is no timeline for getting it back in stock and he estimated that will be at the very least three weeks before the software changes are complete, followed by around a week in Orange internal testing before it comes out again.

He also said the uptake for the 650 has been extremely low and that most of the people who were waiting for one have cancelled and bought an alternate model, so there is no rush on Orange's part to get the phone back on sale.

This is extremely disappointing as I also have a 650 on order
    It also means I won't be able to take advantage of the free bluetooth headset offer. It's doubly annoying as the first thing I plan to do is upgrade to 1.28 firmware anyway

Lee.
    I have an orange 650. I wonder what the software issues are? I have had no problems. Having an integrated phone/PDA is the best thing ever. Followed all the usual rules, using it clean and just adding one application at a time. I wonder if I can claim a software upgrade when it comes out?
    becs : the usual problem is that the Orange Launcher causes the phone to 'lock' - ie no amount of pressing the power on button will turn the phone on - a soft reset is needed to restart the phone again. This is fixed by using GSM rom 1.23 or 1.28
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    becs : the usual problem is that the Orange Launcher causes the phone to 'lock' - ie no amount of pressing the power on button will turn the phone on - a soft reset is needed to restart the phone again. This is fixed by using GSM rom 1.23 or 1.28
    Hmm, I've not had that problem but I have had a few unexplained resets and I seem to need to reset before using Mapsonic every time (it compains of no free memory so I'm guessing some sort of memory leak is the problem).

I think it's time I took the plunge and went to 1.28...
    Hmm, odd. I phoned the Orange upgrade dept on Sunday night and was told they had none and didn't know how long it would be until they were back in stock. Went to my local Orange retail on Monday in my lunch hour, whee, they had two in stock and I walked away with one of em on Tuesday.

Guess they didn't get the memo?
    Last edited by FirestarXL; 06/29/2005 at 03:52 AM.
    It's not about right, not about wrong. It's about power.