Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven't seen anything about traffic programs for the Treo 650, Sprint.

Living in LA, this is a must, if it exists.

Anyone know of a good one or even a bad one?
    End of Line.
    I know Verichat has a traffic feature as one of its extra "bots". Useful for me in the Boston area. Visit PDAapps at http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/ and explore the bots section for more info. I use version 2.84b.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbzvariety
    I haven't seen anything about traffic programs for the Treo 650, Sprint.

Living in LA, this is a must, if it exists.

Anyone know of a good one or even a bad one?
    Without a doubt...if I could get sigalert to work...I could charge people to give them info on where the accidents are on the 405
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Causerie has a CA traffic bot too www.mantragroup.com
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    I know Verichat has a traffic feature as one of its extra "bots". Useful for me in the Boston area. Visit PDAapps at http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/ and explore the bots section for more info. I use version 2.84b.
    Thanks. I downloaded VeriChat to my palm, but still don't see anything on their site re traffic. Gotta link?
    End of Line.
    A group has an app for Seattle called SeaTraffic. http://www.pdatraffic.com/

Its about the hottest thing I've ever seen.

I need to finally get a hold of them and see if I can nudge them into making a mod for LA ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L.
    That looks awesome...perfect. Thanks!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Wowza that is a great site. http://traffic.tann.net/mobilemaps/

Thank you for the heads up I can not tell you how happy I am that you turned us on to this link. I was looking for just the thing the other day.
    I am a little south of what the map covers but I am LA quite a bit so thanks again!

www.sigalert.com it's $20 a year. and then their is a personalized wap website that you can view. It's awesome!! I use it daily. I have my routes, as well as the ability to realtime lookup traffic conditions as I drive (I know, not that safe).
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I am a little south of what the map covers but I am LA quite a bit so thanks again!
    Not sure if you noticed, but this covers OC (and other locations) as well. Just click on "Tann" in the graphic to go to the home page. Great site.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Not sure if you noticed, but this covers OC (and other locations) as well. Just click on "Tann" in the graphic to go to the home page. Great site.
    I didnt notice, there wasnt a link on there until I tapped it a couple of times (NOW its really making me wish I had a hi-res screen )

EdgeQ is pretty cool. Does anyone know what the little numbers mean on the "Traffic Map"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    Wowza that is a great site. http://traffic.tann.net/mobilemaps/

Thank you for the heads up I can not tell you how happy I am that you turned us on to this link. I was looking for just the thing the other day.

Great link! Thanks!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've been trying this out. TraficEdge is a cool app, but its a java app and thus you need the java plugin which eats up a montrous amount of ram. I'm not sure that worth it if you only have couple midlets/java apps on your treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ok, I looked these apps over, and I have a pretty simple solution: I sat down with my PC and Blazer, and I created direct links to each traffic camera image on my route to and from work. Each camera creates a unique image and stores it in the same place every time. So I have one page of Blazer bookmarks dedicated to the cameras along my route home. For example: I40-I540 in RTP, NC

And surprise, surprise, the images take up just about the whole Treo screen. And it's pretty darn fast.

Cheap, and easy to do!

TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Although not optimized for mobile devices, http://traffic.511.org looks ok for Bay Area Traffic as well.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Anyone come up with a traffic cam or map resource for the Syracuse area? Seems the main focus here is the left coast, and some other major cities....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast