Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SMS ANSWERING MACHINE !

We need software like this for the Treo 650!

SMS Answering Machine v1.0 will take care of all your calls while youíre in a meeting or can't answer the phone. Fill out individual customized short messages, and choose your answer count and your phone will become your own personal assistant.
    With 3 easy clicks you can set up your settings, and have it answer whomever you want, whatever message you want and as often as you tell it to.
    A set of functionality customized to your needs, making your busy life a little simple to handle.

You can set different reply messages to each contact person, for example when your in a meeting and your wife calls, you can put "honey Iím in a meeting Iíll call you when I finish", and if a colleague calls "hey man Iíll call you in a while". Each contact name can have his/her own SMS Message.
    This software can also reply to unknown numbers, the ones that are not in your address book, by checking the "Reply to unknown numbers" checkbox.
    You can view your missed calls from within the application, the caller name, when the call was made, and how many times they let the phone ring.

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/P...opSectionId=-1
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    SMS ANSWERING MACHINE !

We need software like this for the Treo 650!

SMS Answering Machine v1.0 will take care of all your calls while youíre in a meeting or can't answer the phone. Fill out individual customized short messages, and choose your answer count and your phone will become your own personal assistant.
    With 3 easy clicks you can set up your settings, and have it answer whomever you want, whatever message you want and as often as you tell it to.
    A set of functionality customized to your needs, making your busy life a little simple to handle.

You can set different reply messages to each contact person, for example when your in a meeting and your wife calls, you can put "honey Iím in a meeting Iíll call you when I finish", and if a colleague calls "hey man Iíll call you in a while". Each contact name can have his/her own SMS Message.
    This software can also reply to unknown numbers, the ones that are not in your address book, by checking the "Reply to unknown numbers" checkbox.
    You can view your missed calls from within the application, the caller name, when the call was made, and how many times they let the phone ring.

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/P...opSectionId=-1
    I've asked about something like this in another post....an "auto responder" for SMS, if you will... I didn't go to the link, does it not work for the Treo?

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I've asked about something like this in another post....an "auto responder" for SMS, if you will... I didn't go to the link, does it not work for the Treo?

Bek
    It's an app for PPC.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    WOW! That would be a nice indeed!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    any similar appication for PalmOS so far?
  6.    #6  
    developers are you listening?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Are you?
  8.    #8  
  9.    #9  
    OK. Since developers are shy, I take it they are looking for users who would pay for a program like this! If you are interested please reply here so they know!

I am definitely in!
    there is no money in thisd app people. that's why decelopers are "shy"
    As an alternative, I would like to see a feature like this built into a program like Call Filter or Call Shield, such as when a call comes in you can ignore, hang up, go to voicemail or send an SMS reply customized to that particular caller. Now THAT would be cool and I would pay for that....
    It a good suggestion to intergrate the feature into Callfilter or Callshield. BUT it is also worth the money for stand alone application. I will spend for this kind of application.
    I think this would be a fun application to do for the Treo.

I'm currently using some of my free time to work on an SMS reminder program suggested by TreoCentral posters. When finished with that program I will probably start on this SMS answering machine application, if no other developer steps up to do it.

Other app thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87425

Tom
  14.    #14  
    Thanks PyroGuy. This app would be great for so many things!
    @pyroguy:
    any good news from you for SMS answering machine to palm user?
    What would you be looking for in an SMS Answering machine? Detail some features.
    This program is only one of many functions, apps like Callshield do, to bad there is nothing for the T650.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroGuy View Post
    I think this would be a fun application to do for the Treo.

I'm currently using some of my free time to work on an SMS reminder program suggested by TreoCentral posters. When finished with that program I will probably start on this SMS answering machine application, if no other developer steps up to do it.

Other app thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87425

Tom
    Hi PyroGuy. Just saw this old thread. Were you able to get anywhere with the SMS answering machine app?

Unfortunately, my company assigned me a BlackBerry which I is on me all the time. I forward all my calls to Treo to the BB but since I can't forward SMS, I' d like to send out an auto-reply to tell the sender to SMS me at the BB number.

If you know of an app that'll do this, let me know. Thx.

DP
    For those who came in late: There's TreoFlex... and its companion utility TreoFlex Select.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoFlex/TreoFlex_User_Manual.html
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    For those who came in late: There's TreoFlex... and its companion utility TreoFlex Select.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoFlex/TreoFlex_User_Manual.html
    thx. but does it work as a auto-responder for incoming SMS message? That's what I'm looking for.

DP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast