1.    #1  
    RoadSync from DataViz has been mentioned in several threads. One is below.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=RoadSync

DataViz link to RoadSync:
    http://www.dataviz.com/solutions/ent...ync/index.html

RoadSync will work on many popular moble phones besides the Treo as well as other Palm PDAs including LifeDrive with scheduled fall releaeses for support of the new Symbian OS.

My company is just now getting the free 90 Trial versions (fully functional) and it looks as if it may be a hit, at least for us. A minmum five user license works out to about $48 per phone. A single license is $99 I think, so its not cheap but may be worth the price for a lot of folks if it works well.

I've not started using it yet, but will very soon. We have two people who have begun using it on T650's and they are very pleased with it. Synchronization with server for mail, contacts, calendar and tasks is relatively quick. The app will also reside on an SD card as well as mail and attachments so that helps a lot. If you have Docs To Go Premium, opening and editing Office docs in email attachments is a snap I'm told.

DataViz promises a free upgrade to the "push" mail functions once Exchange 2003 SP2 is released later this summer/early fall. Articles I've found of people testing the push functions of Exchange 2003 SP2 along with ActiveSync on a smartphone report pretty good results, so that will be interesting to see. This is a good one on the subject.

http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/ar...07/406035.aspx

This could turn out to be a killer app for the folks with a Treo and begging for push email as well as anyone who wants to sync wirelessly with Outlook and then have your Treo, PC, and server all in sync whenever connections are made. DataViz is a good company with a good reputation and strong tech support. They seem to be fully behind getting this product out in a big way. (They are actually late per their plans)
    I downloaded the preview version, and it looks like it is just doing email...how do you configure for calendar sync?
    Calendar and contacts sync is not available as of yet according to the IT guide on the dataviz site and an email I received back from Dataviz this morning. They are working on it and hope to have it real soon.
    Newton 100 > Newton 120 > Palm IIIx > LG Phenom Express > Palm 505 > Treo 300 > Tungsten T > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750
    It's my understanding that they do not necessarily plan to offer more than e-mail on the Palm platform at this time.

The UIQ and java versions are also available for trial...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester1275
    Calendar and contacts sync is not available as of yet according to the IT guide on the dataviz site and an email I received back from Dataviz this morning. They are working on it and hope to have it real soon.
    I found this out today from our people who are testing the product. Apparently, we've also had some communications with DataViz and they state this is due very soon in an update whatever that means. So we're getting the same info.

For me personally this is not a biggie and I can wait on it, but for others it may be a larger issue.
  6.    #6  
    One encouraging thing I learned about this today is relative to its footprint on the Treo. The program can be installed on an SD card. Attachments can also be stored on the card, but messages cannot. Unless one has a huge amount of mail messages, this will reduce the amount of memory taken up by the program.