Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Following the instructions explicitly, a properly syncing 650 suddenly generates errors that stop sync cold when using the "alternate sync" name (like "delete") as they recommend. The dialog says there are conflicts between different syncing applications... even when everything is turned off in the HotSync "settings" panel.

    I have had to deleted all P1 folders in Programs after uninstalling the program, reinstall a fresh Hotsync/Palm Desktop in order to update. I guess I should have expected this... I have had to rebuild P1 phones before after updates like this. Anyway, thought people should be aware... it may not work for you so BACK UP EVERYTHING.
  2. #2  
    I used the Alternate method with no problems. Used the name erasethis.
    Last edited by RICHINMJ; 06/23/2005 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typo
  3.    #3  
    And to add insult to injury, 11mb clear is not enough... I cleared memory to 11.3 mb to complete the update... and the sync process failed, stating "not enough free memory for upgrade". I wonder if anyone at P1 bothers to test their upgrade processes. Pretty messy.
  4. #4  
    Mine worked fine. The instructions said to clear at least 15 MB, so I used the alternative method of backing up, hard reset, new sync name, update, hard reset, sync to old name. No problem!

    It also moved my free space from 2MB to 10MB, and removed an echo that many callers to me had complained about... (cleared up my acne, too. ;-) )
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    And to add insult to injury, 11mb clear is not enough... I cleared memory to 11.3 mb to complete the update... and the sync process failed, stating "not enough free memory for upgrade". I wonder if anyone at P1 bothers to test their upgrade processes. Pretty messy.
    Dumb question but did you hard reset the device after you did a backup? That's the only way to get the device memory up above 15mb clear so you can do the install. It sounds like you did not hard reset first, otherwise you would have no memory issues at all...
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  6.    #6  
    I did actually, and the instructions said a clear "11" mb was needed... not 15. Get this: the ROM installation finally started, and indicated complete with no errors. The it reboots and goes into an endless loop. Even better: a hard reset won't stop it from looping. I pulled the battery and after a few more hard resets it finally came up. Here's the best part.. upon checking the version it still reported 1.08 ! Hey guys, kudo's for getting it done... but I am in the software industry (15 years) and I have to tell you: this is bull**** people should not have to go through. It's simply not clean and smart.
  7.    #7  
    I just rechecked... the opening menu in the ROM install says 11mb free... did you guys see 15 somewhere ?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    I just rechecked... the opening menu in the ROM install says 11mb free... did you guys see 15 somewhere ?
    I have the GSM version, it said 15MB, the Sprint Version which is sounds like you have might be 11...sorry about the confusion
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  9.    #9  
    Hey, it keeps getting better... remember, we are talking about a virgin 650 in factory state now. After the upgrade it will not dial out out or receive calls. It looks like I am getting a new 650 tomorrow from Sprint... this phone was working fine pre-update. I can only conclude the update trashed the phone. I truly hope I am the only one, but I suspect more victims are in the works. We will see.

Posting Permissions