Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have MP3s on my web server (lowish bitrate) that I'd like to stream to my Treo. Pocket Tunes works great for this purpose, but what it doesn't let me do is seek easily within the MP3s. It can seek local MP3s, of course, but when playing them from the web, it can't. I suspect this has to do with the fact that it can't do the HTTP magic necessary to do random access within a file. Does anyone know of any players for the Treo that allow this?
    Did you look at Gloonet.com. You can stream the mp3 files you have on your home computer to the treo with pocket tunes. Can create play lists etc. I think the service is work in process but its free and it works.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hmm. Looks interesting, but it doesn't work for me. I registered, installed the software, added music folders, started the music and photo servers, and logged into Gloonet. My server appears when I browse to my Gloonet page, but it doesn't show any music or photos. I guess I'll keep my eyes on it for the future.
    I wish I could make it easier for you because it definely works. I admit I had some troubles with it at first because instructions are lacking but if you monkey around with it I bet you can get it to work. It works off the url just like shout cast. There is another thread out there that I believe has some additional details on the set up.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Okay, I figured out the problem, but it doesn't help me. My music is located on a network drive (Linux box running samba filesharing) and though I can add the folders, the streaming server doesn't seem to like them. If I copy the files to my Windows box and add those folders, it finds them. But that won't work, and they don't have a Linux client, so I guess I'll wait until they fix it. Seems like a cool service though, thanks.
    Sorry about that. Can I suggest a bigger memory card