1.    #1  
    Hi!

Im new to software stuff on the treo and wanted to know if anyone have any suggestions for a program that is stable and to instant msg like AIM, MSN, etc.

I want to know if these programs are free of charge (no monthly bills after purchasing the program). I've read on the palm one site that they do have instant messengers that connect via wirelessly to your wireless modem but i dont know if it charges me to msg other people.......

Thank You!
    ----Lei
    Lei: just do a search. Here are some programs to search about...Verichat, Chattapus, Agile, Causerie, etc.

Also, look on the threads that list everyones top programs.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Thanks .

But do you have any in mind that uses my wireless connection? Because i've read alot about getting "data plans" from my service......
    Yea, all of them he just listed
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Wulong001
    Thanks .

But do you have any in mind that uses my wireless connection? Because i've read alot about getting "data plans" from my service......
    When you say wireless connection, are you talking just using data or using SMS to deliver messages?

Verichat offers both options (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

6.    #6  
    Thanks alot guys!

I was talkin about msging like with AIM and i just wanted to know some programs that are free when msging not like sms. But I'll look up those programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Wulong001
    Thanks alot guys!

I was talkin about msging like with AIM and i just wanted to know some programs that are free when msging not like sms. But I'll look up those programs.
    In my opinion you're just better off SMS'ing to email/other phone# because the "free" apps have always caused problems on my Treo (speaking personally only)... Add unlimited SMS and go to town.... unless you want to pay 25 for a year of VeriChat... I've loved that app since the moment it was installed on my Treo.

Bek
    I don't do the instant message stuff but isn't AIM available through the standard links in PCS Vision services. Do not know about the other carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    In my opinion you're just better off SMS'ing to email/other phone# because the "free" apps have always caused problems on my Treo (speaking personally only)... Add unlimited SMS and go to town.... unless you want to pay 25 for a year of VeriChat... I've loved that app since the moment it was installed on my Treo.

Bek

...still waitng for pics
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ...still waitng for pics

LMAO - Insertion you crack me up..

Bek