Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Another note. The oh-so-scary RADIATION only comes out the antenna. So metal case does you no good in this aspect.

I remember reading somewhere that study showed prolonged use of cellphones do cause a small temperature rise in the brain on the side of the phone. It's somewhat similar to the microwave effect, but to a MUCH less degree. So if I were to be on the phone all the time, I would take some precautions.
    I hate the metal case. It's worthless, and not as strong as people make it sound. Mine started to fall apart after one little fall and now I have to spend money on another one. Most of the reviews on this website appear to be full of it, especially since it's all based on one time usage. I think I am gonna stay away from cheap stuff from now on for my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by raptura
    I hate the metal case. It's worthless, and not as strong as people make it sound. Mine started to fall apart after one little fall and now I have to spend money on another one. Most of the reviews on this website appear to be full of it, especially since it's all based on one time usage. I think I am gonna stay away from cheap stuff from now on for my 650.
    Did you ever think that perhaps the reason that most of the other reviews are positive might be due to the fact that you might have received a defective case whereas the ones received by others were fine?

I bought the Innopocket case when it came out. It (and more importantly my Treo!) has survived a couple of nasty falls and hasn't suffered anything more than a few scratches.

-Adam
    I dunno about the thickness of the Al on my Innopocket (which I love) but if I ever need some tin foil I know where to go, lots of it in hats in this thread.
    Prob old news...but I confirmed this past week that the metal/aluminum Innopocket case for my Treo 650 DOES interfer/decrease its ability to receive 1900 and 800MHz signals. I was camping and all I get at my camp site all week was roaming on Verizon's digital 1900 and 800 (or i sit 850?) MHz signal, pretty low ranging from -105 to -99db. With the case, I NEVER was able to connect a call. When I took off the Innopocket case...wolla, connects almost each time I tried calling...although I think most of the time it was on a 800 MHz channel. The signal is so weak in my camp site that several times, when talking on the phone, I would slowing move my hand around the top of the phone and the signal fades (but not enough to hang up the call)...

On a few occasions, with the Treo about 1/2 way out of the case, I could make a call. But any less out of the case, NO WAY JOSE.

Funny thing, once full out of the case, signal strength still read -105 to -99db, so does not look like the reception got stronger with the case off...only maybe the consistency/quality of the signal is better with the case off.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    Prob old news...but I confirmed this past week that the metal/aluminum Innopocket case for my Treo 650 DOES interfer/decrease its ability to receive 1900 and 800MHz signals. I was camping and all I get at my camp site all week was roaming on Verizon's digital 1900 and 800 (or i sit 850?) MHz signal, pretty low ranging from -105 to -99db. With the case, I NEVER was able to connect a call. When I took off the Innopocket case...wolla, connects almost each time I tried calling...although I think most of the time it was on a 800 MHz channel. The signal is so weak in my camp site that several times, when talking on the phone, I would slowing move my hand around the top of the phone and the signal fades (but not enough to hang up the call)...

On a few occasions, with the Treo about 1/2 way out of the case, I could make a call. But any less out of the case, NO WAY JOSE.

Funny thing, once full out of the case, signal strength still read -105 to -99db, so does not look like the reception got stronger with the case off...only maybe the consistency/quality of the signal is better with the case off.
    What are you using to get the signal strength readings?
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    Quote Originally Posted by cplater
    What are you using to get the signal strength readings?
    ##DEBUG ...sit and watch the signal and channel readings for a few minutes...then make a phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    ##DEBUG ...sit and watch the signal and channel readings for a few minutes...then make a phone call.
    This doesn't seem to work on the Cingular/GSM model. Or maybe I'm just missing something.
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    Do a search on "##DEBUG" and "Cingular" on these forums. I think it is something like ##DEBUG# for you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12