1.    #1  
    Got a used 180, and it is much quieter than my former cellphone, even at full volume. Is there any way to boost the volume past the usual max? All suggestions welcome!
    dr.jake
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    On the Treo 650, there is now an app named VolumeCare (gotreosoftware.com) that enable you to do that, on the 180 I don't know...
  3.    #3  
    Thanx Gerome. What I've found in the mean time is to put the Treo onto "Speakerphone", which seems to be just a boosted volume of the regular phone.
    Depending on the headset you have , there is a noticeable difference.

I bought one in the mall.. a no name brand, and it sits further/ better in my ear.

With one of my headsets, I look like Ted Baxter with my hand pressing in the headset into my ear.

You may want to pick up a different ear piece... You want one for nokias, that have 3 black rings on the plug that goes into the jack
  5.    #5  
    Thanx for this. I don't use any extra earpiece (is that what headset means?). I just use the phone itself. A software solution must be possible since the speakerphone raises the volume, but then it's too high for regular use. Ho hum.