1.    #1  
    Hi there
    I am looking for a program for my Treo 650 to record a phone conversation. Does anybody know something like that?

Thanks!

discodad
    You can use a program like Soundrec (www.infinityball.com) which just records the ambient sounds - with speakerphone it records the call quite nicely; without speakerphone on it's quiet but you can crank the recording volume up. I haven't seen any notes on TC about programs that can record a call internally.
    Wouldn't mVoice work too?
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Make sure your state has no laws against this. In some states, you have to inform the other individual that you are recording the conversation. Some courts, a recorded phone conversation cannot be viewed as evidence because they are considered obtained illegally... Unless of course its an answering machine, then the caller knows they are being recorded.
  5.    #5  
    soundrec I do have already. The idea with the speakerphone sounds nice. Actually I donīt want to tape a recording without the other being informed. Sometimes it is easier to tape something than to write it down (especially with a phone in the hand).
    Any VR app should work like Mvoice, PAR, audacity etc. While recording there are two options since the OS does not have direct access to the mic. One is to record in speakerphone mode, and the other is to use Seidio 2-in-1 headset/adapter which can also allow recording of conversations...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Make sure your state has no laws against this. In some states, you have to inform the other individual that you are recording the conversation. Some courts, a recorded phone conversation cannot be viewed as evidence because they are considered obtained illegally... Unless of course its an answering machine, then the caller knows they are being recorded.
    Check this link:
    http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm

The reality is that because you are a participant, you can record the conversation. But I don't know how that might be affected when the conversation is between states. Basically, do it and apologize later. It's not that it's illegal, it's just that you might find out later that it's not admissable. But remember, the rules for evidence are much different in civil cases. But you won't go to jail for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    You can use a program like Soundrec (www.infinityball.com) which just records the ambient sounds - with speakerphone it records the call quite nicely; without speakerphone on it's quiet but you can crank the recording volume up. I haven't seen any notes on TC about programs that can record a call internally.

Wow, someone's speakerphone actually works without the dreaded echo in the recipient's ear?
    Quote Originally Posted by discodad
    Hi there
    I am looking for a program for my Treo 650 to record a phone conversation. Does anybody know something like that?

Thanks!

discodad
    You should check CallRec, it's easy to use and useful.