1.    #1  
    In Prefs we can tailor the 'network available' sound, the ringer sound, and others.. but I've not seen any way to disable the rather loud sound for turning on or off the radio itself. I'm using one of the tools that turns the radio on in the morning (9am for me , and thats quite a racket...

There must be a neat trick out there somewhere

If not, I'll have to start probing for sound files to remove from RAM... *g*

Jeff
    You really should have looked in the forum/searched it, as this is a hot topic

Prefs, Sounds & Alerts, General, System Volume: Off
    Preferences/Sound & Alerts/Application: General
    System Volume: OFF
  4.    #4  
    I searched a bit, but didn't find something specific; turning system volume off I would expect would kill other audio which woudl be desirable, no? I'll search on that phrase and see what comes up.. but sounds bad

jeff
  5.    #5  
    You know, the tools that turn on/off the radio should adjust the system volume before/after they do their trick, thus allowing us to keep system volume on, but killing the radio noise. Perhaps I need to hack this together if no one else has done it.. hmm..

jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by skeezixcodejedi
    You know, the tools that turn on/off the radio should adjust the system volume before/after they do their trick, thus allowing us to keep system volume on, but killing the radio noise. Perhaps I need to hack this together if no one else has done it.. hmm..

jeff
    Very good idea, and would love to see it done.