Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Posted this in the bluetooth forum but its barely getting any views and no help so far. I put an email into mapopolis to see what they say but nothing back yet, got to me later in the day last time so I should hear from them but I need to get this sorted out soon.

    I got my BT-338 last night hoping to use it on a trip to mass this weekend.

    I got it from semsons with the mapopolis software since tom tom is sold out with the new version coming.

    I put the maps on the SD card, installed the software right on the palm all that works fine. I can go into bluetooth and set up the BT338 as a trusted device but it will not stay connected, only for that second while it finds it then drops it. I've spent a few hours last nite and 2 so far this morning trying every possible combination of turning each one on first.. resets, phone off phone on etc but nothign works.

    right now I have no idea if its my 650, the mapopolis software or the BT-338 that is causing my problems. I have seen posts of people having similar problems but most said it worked, didn't work, then magically started working again so I have no idea what they did or how to go about getting it to work myself. Also since it enver worked I dont' know which of the three, palm, globsat, or mapopolis to contact about the problems.

    As of right now it shows that 10pm last nite was the last time they connected and that was after I deleted it and set it back up again as a trusted device. So I know I got that right which took me a while since the manual didnt' say how to connect them initially as a trusted device.

    I'm at a total loss right now.
  2. JayL's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #2  
    try:
    gpspassion.com

    mapopolis posts over there..

    i'd say one or the other of the devices has defective bluetooth
  3.    #3  
    Well it found it.. The treo shows that its a trusted device when you go to that list.

    Is there anyway to test?

    The phone would not be a big deal as I can get one locally, the replacement 338 would suck since I would never get it in time for this trip.

    Just wanted to add that when I go into the bluetooth and I look at the version and stuff it says 1.0.. people have been saying that these are 1.1 in the 650. Is there just the wrong version of bluetooth in my phone. Its a cingular branded phone. If thats the case is there an update I can get to 1.1.. I could not find anythign on that.
    Last edited by chris86vw; 06/23/2005 at 11:49 AM.
  4.    #4  
    User defective thats all

    directions from mapopolis:
    Did you go to Menu -> Settings -> GPS and select "Use
    Bluetooth Connection?"

    Then when you tap on "Start GPS," it should pop up
    the BT Discovery Window. Tap on the device to select
    it, and it should go back to the GPS screen.

    The BT-338 locks on fast, so you should soon see
    "Running" and "Valid."

    Apparently I missed that in the pdf manual, always have trouble reading PDFs.. But it all works now just fine, no problems so far playing with it and mapping out directions.. while not going anywhere but if showed my way home if I wanted to go.

    was getting 6-8 satelites of different strenght inside the house in central NJ..
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw
    I put the maps on the SD card, installed the software right on the palm all that works fine. I can go into bluetooth and set up the BT338 as a trusted device but it will not stay connected, only for that second while it finds it then drops it. I've spent a few hours last nite and 2 so far this morning trying every possible combination of turning each one on first.. resets, phone off phone on etc but nothign works.

    right now I have no idea if its my 650, the mapopolis software or the BT-338 that is causing my problems. I have seen posts of people having similar problems but most said it worked, didn't work, then magically started working again so I have no idea what they did or how to go about getting it to work myself. Also since it enver worked I dont' know which of the three, palm, globsat, or mapopolis to contact about the problems.

    As of right now it shows that 10pm last nite was the last time they connected and that was after I deleted it and set it back up again as a trusted device. So I know I got that right which took me a while since the manual didnt' say how to connect them initially as a trusted device.

    I'm at a total loss right now.

    I have been in a similar problem with my BT headset. I had still the formers headset listed as a trusted device and apperently the treo acted like it was connected with THAT one. Removed the old one from the list (del "Bluetooth Device Cache.pdp" and then connectwith the existing devices to get the proper name back in the lists (it is the only way I know to remove a trusted device from the list)) and try again.
  6. #6  
    I had the same problem with Mapopolis, disconnect every time and reset my Treo, my hardware is the same, 650 and Globalsat 338 . But I have another Gps programs and every things working good. For me is a Mapopolis problem not 338 and Treo.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    I had the same problem with Mapopolis, disconnect every time and reset my Treo, my hardware is the same, 650 and Globalsat 338 . But I have another Gps programs and every things working good. For me is a Mapopolis problem not 338 and Treo.
    I have a BT338 and the TomTom software. It's been working flawlessly for me for two months. I have no experience with Mapopolis so I can't compare, but TomTom is an excellent software, and I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

Posting Permissions