Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday I went to Mobile Planet and they said they had TomTom Navigator 5 Bluetooth in stock. I called them to make sure it was true, and they confirmed it. I ordered it for overnight delivery.

Then I got an email from something called Expansys saying they had taken over Mobile Planet's business, and had some shipping restrictions. I called again and was again assured all was OK.

Later I got an email from UPS saying they had a ground shipment (not the overnight that I paid extra for) on its way to me. I sent Expansys an email asking about this, but they haven't responded.

The Mobile Planet site now says availability is June 30th.

Does Mobile Planet still exist? Did they really send out some Nav 5 units, or were they just confused? Clearly something is coming on Monday - UPS says so - but what will it be????
    v5 for US/Canada is truly shipping, I received and installed my copy today. My package was the bluetooth combo - part # 1H50.082
    Bought it from ebay seller/NY Camera/Electronics store that had received 4 copies. Paid a little extra over semsons but was anxious with upcoming travel. I would assume it should be widely available very soon
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Terryv94. I will wait (im)patiently till Monday, when mine is scheduled to arrive. Any early impressions?
    I ordered mine at 3am last night. It looks legit. :fingers crossed: I've been waiting for this for MONTHS! I'm SOO excited. I hope there's not a catch somewhere.
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
    Time to ask for best deals around the web? So far I see that buy.com has it for 253.99
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...01&hdwt=0&sp=1

Any other good deals around?

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Time to ask for best deals around the web? So far I see that buy.com has it for 253.99
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...01&hdwt=0&sp=1

Any other good deals around?

Thanks,

Al
    Buy.com doesn't have it in stock yet. Amazon is shipping, though, for $258.
    I got mine today. I preordered from Buy.com on 6/10. I have to work on my girlfriend's bathroom renovations, so I won't have a chance to mess with it this weekend (I know, where are my priorities). Just a note, mine didn't come with a flash card, it came with only CD's. It also only came with a car adapter (5V 2A) and no AC adapter.

I'd attach a picture, but Treocentral attachments function doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
    The Tom Tom website doesn't have the US upgrade option available yet. Any recent word on the upgrade program?
    Could you guys please post some links that you actual bought TT5 from?
    Like the ebay one, the are 100's of tomtom sellers on ebay buy only a few look like legit copies.
    Thanks...Im on the hunt
    I set up my Tom Tom Nav 5 today with USA and European Maps.
    I have a Raodmate Nav and this totally blows away my Roadmate. Much easier to use and many more options. I have to leave for Europe in a few hours or I would give you more info. Maybe I can post from Europe.
    Are you able to use TomTom PLUS in the USA? I would love to be able to get weather and traffic info!

As I look at the site I see an upgrade is available, but I have to pay for new maps and whatnot... I heard rumors (from here) that you could download just the application and use the old maps. Can anyone confirm this?
    Sprint Treo 700wx on Minneapolis network
    HDTV event and product coverage with industry interviews at TechnologyEvangelist.com
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragon
    Are you able to use TomTom PLUS in the USA? I would love to be able to get weather and traffic info!

As I look at the site I see an upgrade is available, but I have to pay for new maps and whatnot... I heard rumors (from here) that you could download just the application and use the old maps. Can anyone confirm this?
    I don't have time to try it before I leave fro Europe Tomorrow but yes, there are icons to connect to both subscription services on the TTNAV5 Menu. I have no idea about the upgrade issue.
    OK, so Amamzon seems to be the only one that is giving a good deal and shipping. Anything else out there?

Thanks,

Al
    Buy.com has TomTom Nav 5 in stock and there is 10% off discount going on now valid in All Stores.*

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...2&loc=101&sp=1

take 10% OFF: valid in All Stores.*
    (Excludes Cellular. Not compatible with Affiliate program. Up to a $30.00 coupon value.)

Just ordered one
    Last edited by greathome; 06/25/2005 at 01:02 PM. Reason: first posted link didn't work.
    I just ordered mine through Buy.com. Great catch...!

Thanks,

Al
    I'm starting to wonder if we could've used TT5 when the Europeans got their release. I'm using the TT5 from Germany with Canada maps.

Finally, a compass!!
    Has anyone seen which receiver come from buy.com? They don't seem to include any information on it.
    Here are the specs on the OEM'd B/T receiver that comes in the TomTom package.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/secti...=71&Language=4

It uses the latest SIRF III chipset and is similar to the BT-338...is a little smaller, but has less battery life (because they put in a smaller battery)
    I am also curious to know If and what kind of reciever comes from buy.com. They dont list any specs whatsoever. I emailed them and their response was:

Thank you for your interest in Buy.com and its diverse offering of merchandise. We carry, vast inventory, therefore we do not have any additional technical information other than what is available in the product descriptions shown on our website. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, you can contact the manufacturer directly for additional technical and compatibility information.

Not much help is it I want this program!! buy.com seems to be the cheapest for tomtom5.
    myblackz28,

I'd recommend going through www.semsons.com.

If you contact them you will get a very knowledgable response..they also have good pricing and an excellent return policy for hardware (like most places, if you open the software I dont think you can return it)

shoot them an email...I bet you get much better response than through somebody like buy.com...I've got TT5 and a BT338 receiver enroute from them.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast