Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    yes, you have the programmes on your card in the wrong locations or not installed at all
    As my Treo car holder/mount, I have a $10 Ipod vent mount from Best Buy, and it works perfectly. The Treo is held very securely. The only annoyance is that it's white, as with all Ipod-ish stuff. I have TT v4, and the bracket's been TT's perfect companion.
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    As my Treo car holder/mount, I have a $10 Ipod vent mount from Best Buy, and it works perfectly. The Treo is held very securely. The only annoyance is that it's white, as with all Ipod-ish stuff. I have TT v4, and the bracket's been TT's perfect companion.
    I thikn i've got the same mount. Made by Brackerton? Works very well, albeit looks a little cheap and required a bit of force to put together. Can't go wrong for $9.00 though (found mine as an open item)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    I thikn i've got the same mount. Made by Brackerton? Works very well, albeit looks a little cheap and required a bit of force to put together. Can't go wrong for $9.00 though (found mine as an open item)
    That's the one =). Installation was pretty quick & easy, in my experience. In any case, it's a great alternative to the $35 mounts out there.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent.
    I have TT5 arriving today for my wife, couple questions:

1. How much space on the SD card do the app and voices take (not counting the maps)?

2. Are the data sizes on the TT website accurate (e.g. putting the western region map adds another 149 mb)?

3. My wife syncs both at home (to palm desktop for app installations) and at work (to Outlook just for contacts, calendar, etc.). Can I install this at home with a minimal risk of her running into a nightmare next time she goes to hotsync at work?

4. This may be a dumb question...does she need some sort of launcher program to run the app off the SD card as it appears from this thread is TT's recommendation?

5. With the nightmare activation process that's been described, if she wants to move to a bigger SD card, can I just copy the stuff using a card reader or something after the install, or will it require a second activation code?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor

1. How much space on the SD card do the app and voices take (not counting the maps)?
    About 3 Megs

2. Are the data sizes on the TT website accurate (e.g. putting the western region map adds another 149 mb)?
    Yes.

3. My wife syncs both at home (to palm desktop for app installations) and at work (to Outlook just for contacts, calendar, etc.). Can I install this at home with a minimal risk of her running into a nightmare next time she goes to hotsync at work?
    I install TomTom and home and also hotsync at work... no problems here.

4. This may be a dumb question...does she need some sort of launcher program to run the app off the SD card as it appears from this thread is TT's recommendation?
    I run it from the internal memory and only put the maps on the SD card (The TomTom installer will direct/install the maps to a SD card without a launcher.)

5. With the nightmare activation process that's been described, if she wants to move to a bigger SD card, can I just copy the stuff using a card reader or something after the install, or will it require a second activation code?
    I see no problem copying over to a new SD card with a card reader.

Thanks.

Yes, the sizes are correct. I have no trouble with syncing. I installed everything on the SD card and have no issues, but I use LauncherX.

RE: Activatation- It was very simple for me, I dont understand what all the fuss was about. I had problems initially with the install and I did a complete reinstall and again had no trouble with activation the second time.

Is her Palm software on the C: drive? If not there will be issues (see my earlier posts).

I love the application, works great, I have not had any problems since I got it installed.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Katway, digitalfx, thanks. Looks like someone else ran the app off the card without a launcher; wife doesn't like change, so a new UI would not go over well. Despite attempting to educate myself for the last half hour, I still don't get the need for a launcher to run some apps off the card... but that's a topic for another thread...frustrating not to have the device in front of me as I try to learn stuff.
    I use zlauncher's "move to card" option. It keeps the program on the card until you run it with a simple shortcut that is placed on the treo. When you run it the files are copied over to the treo, then when your done it moves any new or modified files onte the card.

Wroks for pretty much any app that doesn't run in the background, got some big ones to work like this too like docs to go.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by question
    Does anyone know a soloution to my problem of 'armcode not allocated'????
    I used to get this error before the 1.12 update. This error has gone away after the latest update.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    If you are getting the armcode not validated message, check your internal memory. Tom Tom says it works best with at least 5MB free.
    Iv've just received my brand new TomTom Navigator 5 with BT for Palm. It has been a long waiting time since I found it at http://www.lacasadelgps.com .

Got it for 250 Euros but I cannot make it work with my Treo 650. It seems it does not detect the GPS unit. Any known isue?

Treo 650 GSM - unlocked Firm. 1.13 ROW
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    Jim, we would like to acknowledge that we have received your email and would like to thank for taking the time to write to us. We at palmOne are always looking for solutions, or any workaround to the issue that you have submitted to us through email. With this, it may take us a while to respond to your problem since we have to make additional research on the issue, and simulate the error to come up with an available workaround or resolution. I hope this will not discourage you from emailing us back again should you ever have any other questions or issues.

The above is the response I got from P1 today, you HAVE to email them so they get enough enquiries to actually resolve this problem, the more people that equire the better. You and I have spent a lot of money on these devices, and software and I will not giv up on this.
    Thier first response was that it works if you select NMEA cable and then 4800 baud rate and then comm port (whatever) but there is no option for any comm port on Nav 5, so that is a no hope solution, please, please follow this up by emailing support so we get a solution as soon as possible.
    Sorry i cannot help ( I have read that Sprint users on the latest upgrade can use BT tomtom nav 5) so there is a solution out there
    I have gsm unlocked treo 650 with bluetooth gps receiver, was using mapopolis till rom upgrade - since then treo crashes when using find feature - has anyone else out there had same problem - mapopolis says no problem with cdma phones and no solutions have been provided.

Is there similar problem with tom tom - the previous post hints at it. I am looking for another gps mapping software - just want to make sure tom tom works after rom upgrade on gsm phone
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Works like a charm on my Treo650 - with Western Europe Maps and original TomTom MKII BT GPS.

Hasn't tried it with a different GPS, but I haven't heard of any problems with the original ones.

If you by chance encounter any problems detecting the BT GPS - try to (re)name the GPS to "TomTom Wireless GPS" (when pairing) and inside TomTom choose "Other BT GPS"...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    True, my problems went off when I chose "Other BT GPS" even if I'm using the TomTom device
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Not sure if it was in this thread that I saw that other people had a problem syncing w/TomTom. That is, that you received errors in your synch log relating to backing up of TomTom map info. I sent TomTom the errors from my log and this is the reply.
    Dear Mr Meinken,

We are currently working on an update which will resolve the "backing up current map.dat" error. There should be a download available within the next week.

Kind Regards,

TomTom USA Customer Service
    I had four of these errors in my log :-- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database currentmap.dat to file C:\PROGRAM FILES\Palm\Mark\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB. The file contained database CurrentMap.dat data.
    Thanks.. my sync is getting these errors also.
    got the tom tom navigator soft ware - works much better than mapopolis - besides not crashing the hand held it finds routes much faster, runs from the sd card so does not eat up memory and more map coverage can be loaded at any one time - no problems configuring with blue tooth gps - both the tom tom one and a holux 236 work perfectly
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    MonkeyBoy1, I have similar hardware (Holux) and installed TT5 the same way. It functions well, but when I hotsync for general purposes, my hotsync never ends 'backing up currentmap.dat'. Have you gotten this error, and got past it? If not, I wonder how to install to not get it. Anyone else getting this problem during a hotsync after an otherwise successful install of Navigator 5?

Tried deleting or renaming the c:\...backup\exchange folder (saw this in some other threads). That took care of the error message 4019 in the hotsync log, but now that I have installed maps, my hotsync never ends due to that 'backing up currentmap.dat' at the end of the routine.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast