Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    I have a problem. Whenever I insert the SD card on my Treo, TomTom launches and crashes. Anybody knows a way to deactivate that? Also, anybody know how to access Contacts from TomTom to get an address?

Thanks,

Al
    I've found that my Treo resets when launching TomTom if Verichat or Chatter is running on the background. Anybody having the same issues?

Al
    Use a file browser to look at the files on your SD card -- delete the file start.prc when you find it (I think it may be in the PALM directory).
    I am looking at two different bundles on the Semsons site and could use the advice of an expert. One bundles TT5 with the Globalsat BT-338 reciever and the other has the Holux GPS Slim236 (prices are identical). If I am not mistaken, the Holux unit can be used two ways: (a) Wireless bluetooth on batteries, or (b)with an optional cable, wired to the Treo and the cigarette lighter. I am guessing this is the correct cable: Power and GPS cable

Can anyone tell me:
    (1) Am I correct about the dual useability of the Holux? This allows a wired connection anytime I want to use my BT headset for the phone, and a wireless otherwise (I know the TomTom doesn't work during a call).

(2) Is there any major advnatage of the Holux over the Globalsat or Vice versa? I don't want to buy the HOlux if it is signifigantly inferior.

Thanks,

Dave
    Well, I found out about the resets and the reactivation. I need to update the firmware of my phone. As I currently have the Cingular 650, I'll be waiting until they release the update hopefully this month.

I did run into another problem with it though. My TT receiver decided it wanted to stop charging at all. I went to rat shack to check if an ac adaptor would work just to see if it was my cig charger. That didn't work. Well I called TT up and let them know that I was having a problem charging. They said that they could only repair/replace it. They wouldn't cross ship me another. THe reason that this is important for me is that I am on vacation and I'm using it! It crapped out on the last leg of my journey. It would start up, then the light would flicker red and it would die. No ammount of plugging and unplugging it would make it charge.
    To make a long story longer, I overnighted it to them wednesday (39.75 bucks!)and they got it thismorning. They said tat they would overnight it back to me today when they fix or replace it. I'm hoping that I'l have it tomorrow so when I leave early monday morning for FL I'll have my gps working. I can use just the mapping software, but that's not why I bought it. At the moment, my opinion is to get a receiver other than the tomtom one....and print a map.
    I'll keep you updated.
    so, is this thing actually in stock anywhere in the US?
    TomTom is amazing, however, starting the receiver for the first time takes at least 10 minutes or so. Though, I can see that if I turn it on for a minute or so and then turn it off/on, it gets the signal faster. Anybody knows any other tricks to make it start faster?

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by PalluX
    so, is this thing actually in stock anywhere in the US?
    This is the latest from Semsons. I will call them Friday morning when they reopen:

Hi Dave,

We have contacted TomTom and the TT5 is delayed once again. Currently, we are not taking any pre-orders because we don't know when TT5 will become available.

TomTom's phone number is provided below. Please call TomTom directly to find out the latest release date.

(978)287-9555 x.667

Regards,

Support Team,
    www.semsons.com
    tigergps.com has a great price and says they will have in stock in two days.

I just ordered from Adventure GPS, it is arriving via fedex tomorrow. $274 + s/h
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    This is the latest from Semsons. I will call them Friday morning when they reopen:

Hi Dave,

We have contacted TomTom and the TT5 is delayed once again. Currently, we are not taking any pre-orders because we don't know when TT5 will become available.

TomTom's phone number is provided below. Please call TomTom directly to find out the latest release date.

(978)287-9555 x.667

Regards,

Support Team,
    www.semsons.com
    Argh. I jumped on it too late and my order (with tigergps) is in limbo. I'm not sure Semsons ever had it in stock, but people here got it from other places, now everything is out. Over at the pocketgps forums the British seem so flustered with the product there are entire threads dedicated to bug fixes, patches, and complaints to the authorities; perhaps TomTom pulled it? Please post results of your phone call, I'm out on the west coast and against my better judgment will be hoping to see some happy news when I get up.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I've found that my Treo resets when launching TomTom if Verichat or Chatter is running on the background. Anybody having the same issues?

Al
    Probably because you're out of space on the palm. It does that to me if I don't have at least 5mbs.

And as for your second problem (regarding the time it takes TT to see the GPS) can be solved (some-what) by turning on the gps before launching TT. If I do that, it hardly takes longer than 10 seconds.
    Well here's my story so far. I shipped it overnight and they got it thursday. They were in the process of testing it when I called. They guy (Jason) ddin't think that they'd have it fixed by the end of the day to send back to me via overnight so he spoke with a manager and they are instead overnighting me the previous incarnation of the receiver as the product is so new in the us that they don't have any of the receivers there. Once the broken one is fixed they will cross ship it back to me. I should get the new one here in a couple of hours.
    Does anyone have any experience with the older receiver? How's the battery life on it? Does it hold a signal well?
    Well, I just got the TomTom Wireless GPS (9821x) and i've established a bluetooth connection and received a satellite link connection. It seems to be working ok. I set up tomtom to use other bluetooth receiver and it all appears to be working. The signal strength is all 4 bars and I'm inside my house so I believe it should also work in the glovebox.
    wktaylor, I have the old receiver and it works great. I have had it with my Nav 4 and Treo 650 since January. You should have no problems.
    ~'kito
    I also want to point out that if you are trying to fire up TomTom on your 650 and it does an automatic restart, you probably don't have much free memory on your phone.
    Copy or transfer some internal photos to your SD card or delete some old emails, etc., then fire up TT again and you should be fine.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by rizwankassim
    I get the white screen as well - but it isn't technically white--- its repeating the text "Armcode not allocated"
    If you ever get the white screen with "Armcode not allocated" blinking on it (which I get once in a great while), just soft reset your Treo with the stylus in the back and then restart TomTom and no more problems.
    ~'kito
    I personally think the screen size is just fine. I've used TomTom Nav almost everyday since January and have no problem seeing what I need to see. But I would recommend mounting it near your dash so that it is near eye level, so you don't have to look down from the road.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor
    Argh. I jumped on it too late and my order (with tigergps) is in limbo. I'm not sure Semsons ever had it in stock, but people here got it from other places, now everything is out. Over at the pocketgps forums the British seem so flustered with the product there are entire threads dedicated to bug fixes, patches, and complaints to the authorities; perhaps TomTom pulled it? Please post results of your phone call, I'm out on the west coast and against my better judgment will be hoping to see some happy news when I get up.
    I spoke with Jason at TomTom. He said that some stores are sold out and they are going to be getting more. He said that some stores got more stock than others. He recommended MobilePlanet and Harmony Computer. I want to buy from Semsons because I want to get the GPS unit that will be able to swtich from bluetooth to wired, so I asked Jason if I buy 2004 can I get the upgrade. He said that they are starting work on the upgrade next week (don't know what that means). He spouted the company line that if you buy within 90 days of the upgrade you get the upgrade. Well that is stupid because every day the upgrade is delayed they are pushing back the 90 day window. In response to that he said if the upgrade is delayed, they will extend the 90 days. Yeah, right. I asked him if that is the case, why not just say anyone who buys 2004 after July 1 will qualify for the upgrade? that got me nowhere so I asked him to tell me IN WRITING that if I buy today I will get the upgrade. That got me 3 minutes of hold time while he conferred and eventually he said: Send me an email from your my TomTom account and I will give you the email back that you want. Well that was three hours ago and no email has come back. If I don't here by this aftrernoon I will call him and keep you guys informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    He said that some stores got more stock than others. He recommended MobilePlanet and Harmony Computer.
    One of them has no ship date and the other says two weeks. TomTom is doing a lousy job keeping up with demand.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast