1.    #1  
    News2Go 0.9.0 is now available for download and evaluation.

News2Go is a J2ME RSS News Reader that looks and functions great on your Treo 600/650. You must have the Websphere Everyplace Micro Environment installed on your Treo in order to use this MIDlet.

Once you've done so you can download an evaluation copy of the software at News2Go.Net

Please let us know how it works for you -- we're interested in your experiences and will work quickly to resolve any issues you experience.
    David H. Barnes
    NetEndeavors, Inc.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NetEndeavors
    News2Go 0.9.0 is now available for download and evaluation.

News2Go is a J2ME RSS News Reader that looks and functions great on your Treo 600/650. You must have the Websphere Everyplace Micro Environment installed on your Treo in order to use this MIDlet.

Once you've done so you can download an evaluation copy of the software at News2Go.Net

Please let us know how it works for you -- we're interested in your experiences and will work quickly to resolve any issues you experience.
    Could we get some screen shots please. TIA
  3.    #3  
    Here's one -- it's kind'a difficult to show a screen shot as the main UI is animated. Your best bet is to consider the evaluation license available on the site....

http://www.mypalm.info/news2go/news2go.jpg
    David H. Barnes
    NetEndeavors, Inc.
    i just installed it but am not sure how to use it. the headline move up the screen but when i tap one of them it just brings me to a black screen, no article
  5.    #5  
    Matthew,

Do you get different results if your focus ring is over the headlines and you hit your select button? We'll take a look at the touch-screen selection to see if there's a bug there....

Are you using a 600 or 650?
    David H. Barnes
    NetEndeavors, Inc.
    Was excited to try this, as I'm tired of "news readers" that just download the header; thought this might be different.

The problem is, no matter how good this software is, I don't think I would ever deal with the Java "engine" issue. I downloaded, for free as a 650 owner, directly from Palm. But there does not seem to be any way to use/store the engine on the SD card. There is no way I'm leaving the engine in main memory - never even tried the software. Might have tried the software, if I wouldn't have had to type this huge long URL to download directly into engine (I was viewing the link on PC - no, I'm not going to take the time to copy into memo and then sync and then....).
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  7.    #7  
    You can store the JVM on your card with PowerRUN --- works quite nicely. As for the big long URL, click it in your Palm Mail app and you'll not have to type it in
    David H. Barnes
    NetEndeavors, Inc.