Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Every once in a while my phone soft resets and when the phone comes back on all of the places/categories I put program icons into in the palm os launcher were lost. Most of the icons go back into the "Unfiled" section. I however did not lose any registration information...just the category they were associated with and also my custom categories were lost. Does anyone know why this might be happening or have you seen it on your unit? Also, does anyone know which file category information is stored in? I tried restoring the "SavedPreferences" file and that did not help.

Thanks,
    Keith
    This happens to me sometimes too. What is happenning is that your saved preferences are being lost in the reset. If you have a SD back util like backupman etc, then you can restore the saved Prefs file and restore all your setting prior the the reset...

Cheers

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Has anyone seen this behavior in the newer firmwares?

I've had it happen to me twice now, and BackupBuddyVFS has saved me both times -- however, this is a MAJOR bug and really needs to be addressed by Palm if it hasn't been already.

I'm running 1.04 still - just patiently waiting for the official Cingular firmware -- assuming they'll ever put an update out there. *grumble*
    Unfortunately this problem doesn't seem to have been fixed with the new firmware. I have the latest 1.12 update on my Sprint 650 and just today my saved prefs got lost during a random reset! Thankfully, backupman allowed me to restore easily my prefs...

I really wonder what it is that is causing the saved prefs to be corrupted and or lost during a reset? It is very annoying...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Hmm...that is really strange. I did try restoring the Saved Preferences file (as I said in my previous post) with no luck fixing my problem. All that was wrong for me was the category selections were lost in the main palm launcher, but I did not lose any registration information. That is what happened to you guys as well?

Maybe I happened to reload a corrupt version of my saved preferences file...or one that was backed up after the categories were lost.

Keith