1.    #1  
    Anyone know where I can find just a single beep? I'd like to use something like that as a reminder noise for Butler. I'm really sick of hearing a full blown alert sound when all I want is a simple single beep.

As for an actual ringtone, does anyone know where I can find the standard Motorola ringtone? My old V60 had a very nice generic ringtone that wasn't obnoxious at all. I'd love to find that in a MIDI file, or whatever, to use as a ringtone.

Thanks!

Mike
    I'm going to attach a zip file to this post. One ringtone (it's a .amr but sounds good) is a is a single beep sound that is reminiscent of the nextel direct sound. I also wanted a single beep sound and I use this one and you might like it as well. The second sound is a nokia midi ringtone, it might tide you over until someone comes up with the generic Motorola ringtone you requested. Even if you don't end up liking these, they are at least worth trying out.

I obtained both of these files here on treo central, so all credit goes to the people that originally posted them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I'm going to attach a zip file to this post. One ringtone (it's a .amr but sounds good) is a is a single beep sound that is reminiscent of the nextel direct sound. I also wanted a single beep sound and I use this one and you might like it as well. The second sound is a nokia midi ringtone, it might tide you over until someone comes up with the generic Motorola ringtone you requested. Even if you don't end up liking these, they are at least worth trying out.

I obtained both of these files here on treo central, so all credit goes to the people that originally posted them.
    Thanks! Those will do! If anyone has any other alternatives, I'd love to have them. I really don't much care for musical ringtones; I'd rather just have traditional beeps and stuff for most calls.

Mike
    You're welcome, if you like non-musical ringtones (I also tend to prefer them), you might want to take a look at this site. It has a number of non-musical ringtones at the top portion of it's ringtone list (it starts off with "Bell1.mid").

http://tinyurl.com/cc9jx
    Attached is a ZIP of some ringers. Some I've created, but feel free to use them. "classic.wav" is a classic Motorola ringer which I've used on just about every cell phone since AFTER I had a StarTac.

The Nextel / Done / Chirp sound was cool, until the 700p update. Since then, I can't get it to play. I even tried the recommended patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #6  
    Wow! Talk about resurrecting a dead thread!

Thanks for the ringers. These are nice and simple (the Nokia one now always reminds me of the funny commercials they show in the movie theaters now)

Mike
    While we're on the 'beep' topic, anyone have the Palm version stock SMS alert? It's two beeps. Need it for by bb, been looking everywhere and never found it.

Thanks.
    looking for a good midi tone to play with snappermail, not sure why they havent updated this and only alow u to pick a midi tone to advise u that u have mail