1.    #1  
    I updated my sprint treo 650 software to 1.12. I hit the voicemail button (by mistake) and immediately hung up. Upon hangup, the treo froze for a few seconds and then did an auto soft reset. I have had much trouble with this treo 650 and hoped that the update would clear up issues. I sync with Outlook using Chapura and upon the new update, I started a new profile to possibly clear up any other remaining issues.

Any help here with this soft reset is much appreciated. In that response, do I need to do a hard reset every time a soft reset happens? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by patcop; 06/23/2005 at 12:17 PM.
    This has been happening to me as well... Anyone info. on this would be appreciated.
    I had quite a few resets answering voice mail after doing the 1.12 update. I was discouraged because I had an extremely stable phone on ROM 1.03 and 1.08

I decided it was probably bad file extensions or a corrupt saved preference file so I hard reset and removed all files from the backup folder that are recreated by the system, these include (saved preferences, connection manager, bookmarks, autofill, carrier profiles and a dozen more). I then restored with a sync.

It totally took care of the problem, not 1 reset since.
    I took a look at the back up folder and it also contains all of my apps that I have put on the phone... deleting the contents of that folder won't wipe out my apps when I sync back up will it? Thanks for the info.
    Yes if you removed all the contents of the back up folder and then hard reset then sync all that would be restored is PIM (contacts, memos, calender, pictures). You only remove files that are recreated by the system. Remove files such as : (along with the ones I listed above: caches, anyhing that says blazer, localcuslocationdb, calenderlocationdb,,,,,you know,,,all files that are not your 3rd party applications or their databases,,,)

For instance I would not remove "Megalauncher" or "flashcards" or "FlashcardsEnglish".

But do remove ALL files that are recreated such as "phone favorites".

If anything the most important file to remove is "saved preferences".

After removing these files, hard reset and sync. Then reconfigure all your applications and enter all your registration codes. It took me about an hour and a half.

If this is unclear let me know, I'm happy to help.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 06/25/2005 at 08:31 PM.
    Thanks for the tip... did what you said last night and so far so good... I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Yes if you removed all the contents of the back up folder and then hard reset then sync all that would be restored is PIM (contacts, memos, calender, pictures). You only remove files that are recreated by the system. Remove files such asalong with the ones I listed above: caches, anyhing that says blazer, localcuslocationdb, calenderlocationdb,,,,,you know,,,all files that are not your 3rd party applications or their databases,,,)

For instance I would not remove "Megalauncher" or "flashcards" or "FlashcardsEnglish".

But do remove ALL files that are recreated such as "phone favorites".

If anything the most important file to remove is "saved preferences".

After removing these files, hard reset and sync. Then reconfigure all your applications and enter all your registration codes. It took me about an hour and a half.

If this is unclear let me know, I'm happy to help.
    Do you have Zlauncher? I just hate to think I'd have to re set up the formatting I have for that. Not sure if what you say to do would delete all my prefs for that program. It took a long time (and I don't remember how I did it all) to fix that the way I wanted it.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Yes you would have to completely reconfigure everything. Its a pain in the **** but some times its much easier than trying 20 different fixes over a period of a week.