1.    #1  
    I am not very advanced with the Treo 650 (or my old 600 for that matter)... That said...here's my problem...

As a requirement for my job (liquor sales rep) I have to call in orders to an automated system about 20 times a day. I just got my Treo 650 yesterday and I ended up messing up a bunch of my orders today.
    I notice that when I am punching in numbers for my orders I am CLEARLY pushing the sequence of numbers in the correct order (I can see at the top of the screen) yet all the numbers are getting switched up when they are repeated back to me on the automated system???!!! How on earth is this happening and what can I do to fix this bc I will need to get rid of the phone if it is not fixable. Is it bc of GSM or whatever (I dont even know if that is what I have through Verizon??) Please help! What can I do besides call from my home phone or get a new cell?
    I would contact Verizon support. Your touch tones SHOULD go through in the order you enter them. Obviously they are not. I've not heard of any other Treo with this problem so my first inclination is to believe that the Treo is defective. Try to get it replaced and see if that fixes it. This assumes that you have used this ordering system for some time and have not had this experience previously.

PS: Verizon uses CDMA technology like Sprint. Cingular/ATT and Tmobile are GSM.

Good luck!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    It clearly looks like a defective treo. Try replacing a new one & if it works. Also it doesn't have to do anything with gsm or cdma version.
  4.    #4  
    Oh ok, I read somewhere on here about GSM not sending the numbers correctly to certain toll-free numbers (guess that has nothing to do w me)...Man they are gonna laugh at me, I have already gone through 2 defective 600's and they just sent me this one for free two days ago!
    Last edited by denisenicole; 06/23/2005 at 08:53 AM.
    hmmmm...a liquor sellin' Treo girl....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Down boy.
    I have seen this with several phones.

Usually the problem is that the sound of the tone (when the number is being sent) causes feedback because it's heard by the phone's microphone. This causes the tone to be sent twice which confuses the system you are dialing into.

I'm not exactly sure if the Treo has an option to turn off the dialing tones but if it does I'd try that and see if it fixes the issue. If there's no option maybe just making things silent with the top ringer switch would turn off the tones.
    Sweet Jesus, does the list of anomalies with this equipment ever cease?
    There is an option in the Phone Preferences for Short DTMF tones. See if it is turned on or off. You might try changing it to see if it makes a difference.

Some automated phone answering systems are sensitive to the length of the tones.

Phone Screen> Options> Phone Preferences
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    There is an option in the Phone Preferences for Short DTMF tones.

Phone Screen> Options> Phone Preferences
    Must be a Sprint thing - my GSM doesn't have a Phone Preferences option. Pity.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro