1.    #1  
    The phone on my Cingular unlocked Treo 650 has stopped working. I have tried a hard reset. When I dial a number I see the following:

Dialing
    Active
    No sound or MIC

When someone calls me I receive the call but agian there is no sound or MIC.

Any suggestions before I start an advanced HW replacement

I upgraded my unlock phone to 1.28ROW which was working fine. For no apparent reason the phone portion of my Treo is broke.

btw - GPRS works fine and my Cingular strength is a maximum.

The last thing that I installed was VolumeCare 2.3, but I think the failure is not related.

UPDATE: Seems to be a problem detecting when a headset is connected. When I start the call without the headset there is not sound or MIC. If I plug in my wired headset than things click into gear and I can hear sounds and use the MIC thru the headset. If I pull out the headset during a call then the MIC, speaker and speakerphone start working.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/22/2005 at 11:16 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2  
    I downgraded VolumeCare to version 2.2 which does not help.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    The phone on my Cingular unlocked Treo 650 has stopped working. I have tried a hard reset. When I dial a number I see the following:

Dialing
    Active
    No sound or MIC

When someone calls me I receive the call but agian there is no sound or MIC.

The last thing that I installed was VolumeCare 2.3, but I think the failure is not related.
    Considering VolumeCare has the ability to control both the phone volume and microphone levels, I'd wager that's exactly where your problem lies! Check how you've got it configured, and if you're still having trouble, disable it, after which you may need to reset your Treo.

If it turns out that VC is the problem, I'm sure Jeff would love to hear about it in his forum.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  4.    #4  
    I disabled VolumeCare and rebooted the Treo. Still acting flaky. I can get the speakerphone to work by plugging and unplugging the headset. Once the speakerphone is working if I turn off the speakerphone the the handset speaker does NOT work. Seems to be a problem detecting and switching between the handset, headset and speakerphone.

With a Cingular phone bought from PalmOne who do I contact for a replacement. The Palmone store told me that they would swap the phone at the store if I had problems. So I would think that I would call Palmone to do a replacement via the mail.
  5.    #5  
    I am impressed with CIngular customer service. They are sending me an advanced replacement. For $8 shipping I am getting it the next day. Then I have 14 days to return the old phone.

I will have to get the unlock code again for the new device, hopefully I can do that over the phone.

The bigger question is what caused this failure?
  6.    #6  
    I can not play MP3 files thru my speaker either. So the problem goes beyond the phone to the whole audio section. System sounds play fine.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I believe that there is some sort of physical switch in the headset jack that tells the treo to stop playing sound through the phone when a headset is plugged in. It sounds to me like this switch is somehow stuck on so your Treo thinks there is a headset plugged in all the time.

Brett
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    There was a reported problem that I had seen on the T600 where that would happen...sounds like they didnt fix the problem on the t650

rob
  9.    #9  
    I did a reinstall of 1.28ROW and a zero out reset. Neither procedure corrected the problem. I guess this rules out a software problem. This leads me to believe the I have a hardware, most likely a failed jack.