Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by kruton6
    <snip>why the 650 wasn't built on a dual-compatible chipset.<snip>
    Probably cuz it's much more expensive and would drive up the price of the unit.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB
    Hello! I was watching the financial news and they did a comparison bewtween the TREO 650 and another pda soon to hit the market. The reporter mentioned that palm will be coming out with a new treo w/ EVDO probably 2nd quarter of next year. so TREO will have broadband.
    WHA? That seems way too far off.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Probably cuz it's much more expensive and would drive up the price of the unit.
    I kindaof thought of that.

More importantly,
    I Just looked over the comparison of the 6050 chip to the 7600 chip
    http://www.cdmatech.com/chip_results...0&chip=MSM7600

Apparently the 6050 chip doesn't have SD card support?!?! I found this to be odd and could be the deciding factor on whether there's a multi-chip implementation on the 650 that could actually make EV-DO possible on it.

So if Joe doesn't mind maybe he can get us some more "internal" information on what chip is controlling the SD expansion slot and further conclude the mystery of if the 650 can do EV-DO.

I'm kind of excited now

Furthermore what chip is controlling to 600 since chips ultimately determine what the device is capable of??
    Quote Originally Posted by kruton6
    I kindaof thought of that.

More importantly,
    I Just looked over the comparison of the 6050 chip to the 7600 chip
    http://www.cdmatech.com/chip_results...0&chip=MSM7600

Apparently the 6050 chip doesn't have SD card support?!?! I found this to be odd and could be the deciding factor on whether there's a multi-chip implementation on the 650 that could actually make EV-DO possible on it.

So if Joe doesn't mind maybe he can get us some more "internal" information on what chip is controlling the SD expansion slot and further conclude the mystery of if the 650 can do EV-DO.

I'm kind of excited now

Furthermore what chip is controlling to 600 since chips ultimately determine what the device is capable of??
    I'll see what i can do, I'll try to read all the info on the chip but the sd slot is on a different module so i'll see if there is anything on that.
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    The Qualcomm chipset doesn't handle the Palm part of the phone. That's what the Intel XScale is for. It does the I/O with the SD, USB, etc. Interestingly, the specs show that the 6050 doesn't do bluetooth, so I'm wondering how exactly the bluetooth headsets communicate with the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWowe
    The Qualcomm chipset doesn't handle the Palm part of the phone. That's what the Intel XScale is for. It does the I/O with the SD, USB, etc. Interestingly, the specs show that the 6050 doesn't do bluetooth, so I'm wondering how exactly the bluetooth headsets communicate with the phone?
    There's another chip for that. It's a Broadcom 2035.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I will reserve judgement until EVDO rolls out in Grand Rapids, MI (I believe his 2-3 month reference was to GR). . . . he has been right on in my two years of discussions with him. . . .

Cheers, Perry.

Put this to rest. PalmOne has told me that it is not possible to run EV-DO on the current Sprint and Verizon 650.

On another note, Sprint still hasn't confirmed if they will upgrade the Audiovox 660x to EV-DO.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I guess we wait for the 700.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    yeah, I was hoping it would be capable also!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123