1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a Treo 650 and I am extremely happy with it, but a friend of mine got a Treo 600 for about $175 from his Verizon dealer and I was wondering how much the 600 sold for when it was new?

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for your Treo 600 and how long ago did you buy it? If you don't mind me asking...
    I paid $400 (shipping included) from someone on ebay about a year ago. Since then, I have replaced the battery for about $20 (again, through ebay).

I will probably buy the 650 in November if I can't get a discount through Sprint or if the new treo 700 doesn't come out.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I purchased mine on ebay with a damaged display for $76.00. I plan to send to Palm to have them repair it for $179 plus tax so my total cost is only $255.00.

You can buy a new one for $299 with a possible discount of $50 totalling only $249, but of course you must sign up for a 2 year contract, something I'm not willing to do. I want the freedom to do as I please and to use whatever phone or device I want without the provider locking me into long contracts.

Just a side note: after looking around for displays, I've conceded that the best I can do is get a used display for about $100. There's no garrantee the display will last and there's no way to know how many hours it already has on it. Although Palm wants considerably more at $179, it's for a warranted refurbished device that has a new display and battery.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by justezzenu
    I purchased mine on ebay with a damaged display for $76.00. I plan to send to Palm to have them repair it for $179 plus tax so my total cost is only $255.00.

You can buy a new one for $299 with a possible discount of $50 totalling only $249, but of course you must sign up for a 2 year contract, something I'm not willing to do. I want the freedom to do as I please and to use whatever phone or device I want without the provider locking me into long contracts.

Just a side note: after looking around for displays, I've conceded that the best I can do is get a used display for about $100. There's no garrantee the display will last and there's no way to know how many hours it already has on it. Although Palm wants considerably more at $179, it's for a warranted refurbished device that has a new display and battery.

Hope that helps
    Technically, if you bought the used display and you have sprint, then you could sign up for lockline and then after the mandatory period, if it went out...couldnt you get a refurb replacement for $50 (or whatever the price is?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

$549. Out of contract with Verizon, but this is the phone I'd been waiting on for over 5 years.
    I paid $250 off of eBay back in January.
    $350 after rebates thru Amazon w/ Sprint activation.

I locked into a 2 year contract but that's fine by me. I don't want the hassle of changing providers and Sprint works well in my area. I think Sprint charges a $300 early termination so that was my risk if their service went south. Sor, I got no complaints. They give me 300 minutes of voice with tier pricing for overage minutes and unlimited data for $60/month (total price on bill incl taxes and other federal junk). I got this before verizon offered the 600. I recenty looked at Verizon's pricing for a similar plan and it's ridiculous.
    i paid $89 for a used treo 300 off ebay. sprint upgraded me to the 600 after the hinged on the 300 snapped. so it kinda worked out, i was going to upgrade to the 600 anyways...
    //// treo 600 on the all digital sprint network
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Technically, if you bought the used display and you have sprint, then you could sign up for lockline and then after the mandatory period, if it went out...couldnt you get a refurb replacement for $50 (or whatever the price is?)
    I have Verizon and I'm not sure about "lockline". When I orginally checked with Verizon, they said the insurance would cover the damaged display. However after checking with the insurance company (Asurion) they said only new devices where covered.

If I could get a display for $20-50 I'd be ok with it. The prices I've gotten so far where for $95 and $100, a bit high for used displays. The $179 is high from Palm, no doubt, but it is for a refurished device.

good luck
    You can get it for $299 unlocked, no contract, brand new from any Airport Wireless store (the stores are PalmOne branded). I got mine from there.
    I paid 40 from orange with a one year contract in october 2003. wierd thing is they quoted me 150 the day before but couldn't take my order as the credit card system was down!

used 600s go for approx 100 on ebay uk now.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Treo 600 - $399 - November 2003 via palmOne/Handspring's treo loyalty, supply your current serial number upgrade. No cell plan upgrade necessary. I actually bought 3 at that price..then sold 2.

Was hoping for similar deal to upgrade to 650....those we the days.