1.    #1  
    I am exhausted of trying to open jpg images with Chatter. I have the 30 day 1.0.7 beta trial version. I open the email and at the bottom it reads [--Load More--]. I click and receive a green box with queued bottom right. I back out of the email to access the drop down menu that offers quick sync so that it can retrieve the rest of the doc. And EVERY SINGLE TIME my phone locks up and I have to reset. Reseting puts me right back at step one.

I'm a little turned off at this point. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate what you can offer. I have heard a lot of good things about Chatter but the service simply is not feasible if I can't open jpg images.

Thanks

Stock
    I have ver 1.06.2

I just sent a picture to myself.

Chatter alerted me. I clicked on the email. The email showed an attachment. I clicked on the attachment. It asked if I wanted to open or save it. I cliped open. It started the green bar on the bottom right indicating the progress. I didn't exit the email...just waited. When it finished, it asked if I wanted to open it. I opened it and it asked which application (I only have the Pictures option.) I clicked on it and it said 'converting'. It then opened it with the default picture application.

Is that how you are doing it? I thought you said you exited out of the email. I would just wait for it to finish downloading.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    It sounds like he is using a POP account, which requires a "QuckSync" to download queued items.

But you should not have to click "Load More" but rather the attachment representing the jpg file at the top of the email. "Load More" is used to load additional text I believe not attachments.
  4.    #4  
    It doesn't finish downloading, it stays in "queued" until I exit out of that particular email and hit "quit sync".

You know, maybe it's the way I set it up, because I set up my business partner's phone and she is having the similar problem except she gets a "cannot find image".

Under Delivery Preferences I have these boxes checked:
    20 msgs
    Disable Bacground Notifications
    Offline QSync every 120 mins

This for a Prodigy a.k.a. Yahoo account.

Does this look like what you have t2gungho?
    I use IMAP without POP mail.

I don't do quicksync. (No need if you always want the instant notification-I think). I keep my mailboxes online all the time and have them go to sleep between midnight and 6am.

How big is the picture you are trying to send? If its from a real digital camera (i.e. NOT vga), then the image is probably around a meg. Downloading a whole 1 mb picture would probably time out.

Check your deskop email client and see if you can download it.

In IMAP, when I go to download an attachment, chatter will pop up the box to tell me how big the attachment is. If its over 300k, I don't even bother...takes too long.

(Another reason why I need EVDO!)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

pssst: Chatter Forum, we do have a Chatter forum here.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I use IMAP without POP mail.

I don't do quicksync. (No need if you always want the instant notification-I think). I keep my mailboxes online all the time and have them go to sleep between midnight and 6am.

How big is the picture you are trying to send? If its from a real digital camera (i.e. NOT vga), then the image is probably around a meg. Downloading a whole 1 mb picture would probably time out.

Check your deskop email client and see if you can download it.

In IMAP, when I go to download an attachment, chatter will pop up the box to tell me how big the attachment is. If its over 300k, I don't even bother...takes too long.

(Another reason why I need EVDO!)

It says Loaded 2426 of 79894 bytes. In my Prodigy mail it says it's 55k. My business partners T650 has the Chatter as well. I sent her an all txt email. Lengthy, but no more than a page. She too gets the [--Load More--] prompt at the bottom. When I click on it, the green highlighted queued.

My Prodigy and Gmail accounts open the email with ease.

It must be something I did wrong in setting these accounts up. But again, in the Delivery Preferences I really don't see any grave errors.

Hey t2gungho, I live in OC. How much ya charge to come fix this? LOL
    PM me...I will look at it.

Uhmm, when you click on Load More, doesn't it give you a percentage in the green progress bar letting you know how much its downloaded? Do you ever get that or see it?

BTW Insertion: Maybe I should nominate you as mod? ;-) JK (unless you do want to be).

Most of the times when I load a small picture I don't have a problem. However, when I'm loading a big file I might have a problem if the screen turns off or the bluetooth is on. Let's not forget that chatter does not work too well when doing things on the background while Bluetooth is on.

Another issue that I've seen is with the number of attachments you can get with Chatter. I got an email with 11 pictures and Chatter only showed 7. However, on the actual email there are 11 pictures. Anybody had this issue? The pictures are about 80kb each and I think one is about 200kb.

Al
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    It sounds like he is using a POP account, which requires a "QuckSync" to download queued items.

But you should not have to click "Load More" but rather the attachment representing the jpg file at the top of the email. "Load More" is used to load additional text I believe not attachments.

SpiVeyx, that's what's odd, there isn't an attachment up top representing the jpg file at the top of the email. There's obiviously more to the email because it shows "Loaded 2426 of 79894 bytes".
  11.    #11  
    I think Marc, the developer, may have alerted me as to the problem via PM. The problem is with the POP3 account. Looks like I will be choosing an IMAP service after all and hope such is the solution. Thanks for all your help.
    Just to clarify things, Marc is aware of the limitation on the number of attachments per email. I thinks he is working on fixing that.

Al
    I wish images would be imbeded and just open in the mail. Or at least have that as an option. I love my chatter.