Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    A co-worker and I both have sprint Treo 650's and I would say we use them to their full possibility. We have them loaded with just about the same apps. we both have loade firmware version 1.12 on our phones. Today I found out that his Treo can do something mine can't do......

One of the gripes of the Treo form sprint is its 3-way call (conferencing) feature. It is very hard to add/hang up callers while on a 3-way call. Today he showed me that palmone improved this with the update. On his phone, while on an active call (see first attached picture- we use Treo aera codes so that is also pictured on the call screen), to add a third caller to the conversation he holds down the "Green" phone button for 2 sec. This changes his screen to a "in call-flash mode" screen (see second attached picture), from here he can manage his calls by toggling back and forth by using the "green" phone button. To return back to the main call screen he hits the "Main View" button.

This is not the case on my phone. If I hold down my "green" button it just takes me to the main phone screen.

Also some of the functions of mine like the "blink green LED when in coverage", and the "ask to add unknown phone numbers after calls" options are not present on his phone.

The only difference I can find is the times we downloaded the firmware from Palmone. I downloaded mine Thursday of last week. He downloaded his yesterday.

Can any one confirm this?

PS These screen shots are not FAKE. These were taken from his phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I know the blink green light function is not there for people who use custom dialpads. The old dialpad doesn't have that option and if you restore your old file, that's where the user interface comes from.

I'm not sure if the flash mode has anything to do with the custom dialpad.
    just tried it....my 1.12 does not do this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    A co-worker and I both have sprint Treo 650's and I would say we use them to their full possibility. We have them loaded with just about the same apps. we both have loade firmware version 1.12 on our phones. Today I found out that his Treo can do something mine can't do......

One of the gripes of the Treo form sprint is its 3-way call (conferencing) feature. It is very hard to add/hang up callers while on a 3-way call. Today he showed me that palmone improved this with the update. On his phone, while on an active call (see first attached picture- we use Treo aera codes so that is also pictured on the call screen), to add a third caller to the conversation he holds down the "Green" phone button for 2 sec. This changes his screen to a "in call-flash mode" screen (see second attached picture), from here he can manage his calls by toggling back and forth by using the "green" phone button. To return back to the main call screen he hits the "Main View" button.

This is not the case on my phone. If I hold down my "green" button it just takes me to the main phone screen.

Also some of the functions of mine like the "blink green LED when in coverage", and the "ask to add unknown phone numbers after calls" options are not present on his phone.

The only difference I can find is the times we downloaded the firmware from Palmone. I downloaded mine Thursday of last week. He downloaded his yesterday.

Can any one confirm this?

PS These screen shots are not FAKE. These were taken from his phone.

I have the option to press the green button and go into "flash" mode.. and I downloaded the update the evening it was released... maybe you could try to run it again?

Bek
    I can press the green button to go into flash mode. I also have the LED option and the add callers option. I went from a 1.08 custom ROM to the stock 1.12 ROM to a custom 1.12 ROM (all done two days after 1.12 was released).
    I just tried and it worked on mine but I can't figure out how it works. I don't see anything about this option in the new user manual (do I?).
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Mine doesn't do it...
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    If your phone has the LED option and the other does not, I would venture to say the phone without it has some 3rd party utility on there?

FWIW... mine does NOT have the flash mode ability.
    I installed the SPCS update the night it was released as well. I have the LED and add unkwon caller controls, but not flash option while in a call. Holding the green button down does nothing for me. Would be nice of palmOne realsed some up to date documentation for these added features.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Mine doesn't do anything like that either.
    Folks, if you run a custom splash screen for the phone power on/off you NEED to make sure it has all flags enabled. The ones I made should work fine with these new options. Others that are based on the original screen won't work right.

As for the flash option, I havn't seen it yet, but I'll look into it.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hmmm... I have the very first overlay set listed on this page and I don't see the green button flash option pictured in the images attached above, though all the other features listed as part of the overlay are available.
    I have one of the custom splash screens that I made a while back on my phone and I am able to use the conferencing feature without any problems. It is based off of the ones that I did that now reside on Shadowmites site and a few other places on the web and here on TreoCentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Folks, if you run a custom splash screen for the phone power on/off you NEED to make sure it has all flags enabled. The ones I made should work fine with these new options. Others that are based on the original screen won't work right.

As for the flash option, I havn't seen it yet, but I'll look into it.

I bet that's my problem...good call, Shadowmite! Is there a simply way to ensure all flags are enabled??
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Hi all , I am new here and did the upgrade on a 'new' refurbished 650 (stripped) and I don't see the flash option either. The other two, LED and add callers do show up though. This is very strange.

~~~ gottago ~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    I bet that's my problem...good call, Shadowmite! Is there a simply way to ensure all flags are enabled??
    The best way I know how to do this is edit one of the screens on Shadowmite's site and drop in the images you want over the existing ones and that should do the trick. If you need some help getting this done I can pull out my tools again and see what I can do. Just PM me if you are interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    The best way I know how to do this is edit one of the screens on Shadowmite's site and drop in the images you want over the existing ones and that should do the trick. If you need some help getting this done I can pull out my tools again and see what I can do. Just PM me if you are interested.
    Stewie- Thanks for the information....I tried one of yours from Shadowmite's site, and it made absolutely no difference. I have all the 1.12 things working for me except for this "flash" screen. hmmmm
    Stewie- Thanks for the information....I tried one of yours from Shadowmite's site, and it made absolutely no difference. I have all the 1.12 things working for me except for this "flash" screen. hmmmm
    Damb. Hmmmmmm. Try this one. It is the one I am curently using and everything seems to be working OK.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    Damb. Hmmmmmm. Try this one. It is the one I am curently using and everything seems to be working OK.
    Tried the jetblue one....no luck. It makes absolutely no difference as far as the "flash" screen...<sigh>
    Tried the jetblue one....no luck. It makes absolutely no difference as far as the "flash" screen...<sigh>
    There must be something else stuck. Have you tried it without a spash screen overlay (Sprint basic)?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast