Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    I agree that it's stupid, however I believe it's a limitation of Sprint's technologies. I wonder if Verizon has this issue?
    That's what I keep hearing but I don't buy the story. If I remember correctly (and someone can either verify this or shoot me down), my Kyocera 7135 and 6035 on VZW did exactly what the 600/650 on SPCS should do. VZW is CDMA also, so I just don't believe the "limitation of the technologies" argument. I have a coworker here in the office with a 6035 on VZW. I will test the theory in about 25 minutes when he gets here...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Well I deleted a phone_spcs file from ram. Added a Sprint overlay + and I get the flash. Still do not see what benefit it really gives me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Maybe I am missing the benefit of this flash (I can not get it btw) But I have the same thing as mentioned in post 39.

I can put a user on hold, dial a new number and conf them in. I hold the green buttion and I get the dialpad. If I dail a number there it will as me if I want to dial a new call. Select yes and a second call is made. I can conference them in.

I can not switch users here but if I am on the phone and a call comes in I have a button that says switch-uses.

Hangin up I only have the option for hang up all.

So besides chaning the name of a button, what do you really get here?
    Yeah, I've been wondering the same as well. Yesterday I was able to conference w/ no probs. I don't have the option but I don't see the need for it either.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    That's what I keep hearing but I don't buy the story. If I remember correctly (and someone can either verify this or shoot me down), my Kyocera 7135 and 6035 on VZW did exactly what the 600/650 on SPCS should do. VZW is CDMA also, so I just don't believe the "limitation of the technologies" argument. I have a coworker here in the office with a 6035 on VZW. I will test the theory in about 25 minutes when he gets here...
    Maybe it's not a CDMA limitation, but something else about Sprint's switches....who knows.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Maybe it's not a CDMA limitation, but something else about Sprint's switches....who knows.
    Yeah...it could also be my bad memory...I played with that VZW 6035 and it works exactly like the Treo 650 in "Flash" mode.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Heres something interesting. I had the Flash mode on my phone, and none of the options.(blink LED, ask to add numbers, Ask for Flash mode) My phone would not hotsync properly, so I did a backup & a hard reset. After the reset, I now have the LED, and ask to add phone number option, but now I NO LONGER HAVE FLASH MODE!!! This stinks. I'm really wishing I would have stayed with 1.08 right now. It even changed my Splash screen. I used to have the picture of the little Treo, and the word Treo above it. Now I have the Sprint logo. This sucks. So for those of you that have Flash mode working, DONT HARD RESET!
    Upon further investigation. Did a backup restore, and everything went back to normal. Splash screen, Flash mode and everything. Now no options again. Which makes it conclusive that third party software is responsible.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Similar experience for me. I installed 1.12 while at work, but didn't have the power cable, so had to rush home and plug in the 650 to start install...worked ok, but after seeing what everyone else had, I decided to do it again. BAM!! I had the LED option, but nothing else. Not long after the install the LED option disappeared. I then flashed a third time with no luck. Now I seem to have significant battery drain. Time to leave well enough alone.
    Anyone discovered what third party software could be causing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Anyone discovered what third party software could be causing this?
    Any rhyme or reason? This thread had been dormant for a month. I have tried a hard reset and still no Flash Mode. Has anyone that has Flash Mode performed a hard reset to see if the Flash Mode survives?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    Any rhyme or reason? This thread had been dormant for a month. I have tried a hard reset and still no Flash Mode. Has anyone that has Flash Mode performed a hard reset to see if the Flash Mode survives?
    It was confirmed that the "flash mode" was coming from a dial pad overlay, not from the firmware.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Thanks Fittske,

I used to use btnmgr.prc on my Treo 600 (a long time ago). Are you talking about the same button skinning app or something different?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    Thanks Fittske,

I used to use btnmgr.prc on my Treo 600 (a long time ago). Are you talking about the same button skinning app or something different?
    Yes. That is the one.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Yes. That is the one.
    Thanks Fittske
    I downloaded the latest btnmgr from http://www.microseconds.com. I also loaded up a Treo 650 overlay. Still no "Flash Mode". I tried a reset as well. Any ideas?
    anyone?
    I'm not using any sort of dial pad overlay (unless Zlauncher has such an item), and I'm getting flash mode.

What was the overlay called? I'll look in filez.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcnaught
    I'm not using any sort of dial pad overlay (unless Zlauncher has such an item), and I'm getting flash mode.

What was the overlay called? I'll look in filez.
    I am using zLauncher as well and I do not get a "Flash Mode". Not even a hard reset with an overlay gives me "Flash Mode"

anyone?
    I want my flash mode!!!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast