Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Birmingham AL, Sprint 1.12. Flash 3/way works great.
    Denver, Colorado, Sprint 1.12. No Flash here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    After reading this thread (and not totally knowing all the details), I tried it with 1.12 + the custom #5b rom, calling a fellow sprintpcs person and held the flash down for 4 seconds, and did nothing. Then I installed the Unbranded Overlay, tried it again by calling a normal land line here, pressed it for 4 seconds, and it worked. (Lincoln, NE)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    Ahh, maybe the people who have been trying it so far to find it unsuccessful have been trying it on their voice mail?
    Nope. I tested mine by calling my voicemail.
  5. cwb
    AFter first call is made, try this:
    hit hold button
    I then get option to add a call, hit this button
    i then get a option to place call, place the call
    then the screen shows a conference call option
    by the way i do not have the flash option
    I dont have a single one of the options described above in my preferences menu. Menu looks the same as day one(11/17/04). Yet if I am on a call and tap the green phone button, I go into Flash mode. If I hold it down for a couple seconds, I get the dial tone, and go into Flash mode(same results as prior method, you just hear the dialtone before dialing with the latter). So you don't actually have to have the checkbox option, to have this feature enabled on your phone. Just try tapping the phone button instead of holding it.
    This is an intersting thread that I am about to make less interesting...sorry

How the hell do you get the map that shows the geography of where the call is originating from? The one that can be seen in the shots attached to the first post.

No flash mode via green button for me...

Thanks

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    This is an intersting thread that I am about to make less interesting...sorry

How the hell do you get the map that shows the geography of where the call is originating from? The one that can be seen in the shots attached to the first post.
    -rob
    I believe here is a good place to start:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84454
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Thanks Insertion,

I thought it might be imbedded in the os. $15 is way steep imo.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Okay....update on Flash mode...I got it to work!! The only way I could get it to work was to install the unbranded overlay. None of the other overlays worked, but with the unbranded one it works for me. So here's the next question...I get how with flash mode you can switch back and forth or to conference, etc. BUT, is there still no way to hang up on one of the parties and not the other? Has anyone heard anything from Pa1mOne about this flash mode?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    BUT, is there still no way to hang up on one of the parties and not the other? Has anyone heard anything from Pa1mOne about this flash mode?
    I have no option to hang up on one call and not the other, it's "Hang up All" or none, unless I'm missing something.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    I have no option to hang up on one call and not the other, it's "Hang up All" or none, unless I'm missing something.
    I hate to rehash an old b!tch, but that is SO STUPID!!!

Sorry...had to vent. I'm all done now
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Okay... how do you install an unbranded overlay?
    I hate to rehash an old b!tch, but that is SO STUPID!!!

Sorry...had to vent. I'm all done now
    And, what's so stupid about it?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Hmmm... not sure what I'm donig wrong, but I also have the unbranded overlay and 1.12 update and I still can't get the flash feature to work?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Tried it, and it doesn"t work for me (Brooklyn NY) :-(
    at first I thought maybe because I have TAKEphONE running on the phone button, but I unchecked it, and still, it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    And, what's so stupid about it?
    It's stupid that when on a conference call, SPCS doesn't have a screen that comes up and says:

Call 1: John Smith Hang Up Switch to
    Call 2: Jim Dingleschwartz Hang Up Switch to

Hang up All Dial Pad Mute
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmmm... not sure what I'm donig wrong, but I also have the unbranded overlay and 1.12 update and I still can't get the flash feature to work?
    Gfunk-

I forgot to mention that before I installed the overlay, I deleted (via filez) any phone_spcs (or similar) files that were in RAM. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not...I don't have the exact filenames in front of me....it's early here
    It's stupid that when on a conference call, SPCS doesn't have a screen that comes up and says:

Call 1: John Smith Hang Up Switch to
    Call 2: Jim Dingleschwartz Hang Up Switch to

Hang up All Dial Pad Mute
    I agree that it's stupid, however I believe it's a limitation of Sprint's technologies. I wonder if Verizon has this issue?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Maybe I am missing the benefit of this flash (I can not get it btw) But I have the same thing as mentioned in post 39.

I can put a user on hold, dial a new number and conf them in. I hold the green buttion and I get the dialpad. If I dail a number there it will as me if I want to dial a new call. Select yes and a second call is made. I can conference them in.

I can not switch users here but if I am on the phone and a call comes in I have a button that says switch-uses.

Hangin up I only have the option for hang up all.

So besides chaning the name of a button, what do you really get here?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast