Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    There must be something else stuck. Have you tried it without a spash screen overlay (Sprint basic)?
    Yup...that doesn't work either. Everything I do gives me the same result: option to sms on a missed call, flashing green light option, and no flash screen.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Yup...that doesn't work either. Everything I do gives me the same result: option to sms on a missed call, flashing green light option, and no flash screen.
    Blaaaa. I am out of ideas as far as the splash screen goes. Have you tried it on a clean phone? Maybe it is another program.

Blaaaa. I am out of ideas as far as the splash screen goes. Have you tried it on a clean phone? Maybe it is another program.

Not yet...I will try that though. I think I will dink around with this more tomorrow...it's bed time for me! Thanks for the help and have a good evening...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Okay I took the 5 minutes and tried it. Hard Reset to vanilla phone, and the flash screen still doesn't work. Interesting....I wonder if the people who have it working have a particular piece of software...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    The only difference I can find is the times we downloaded the firmware from Palmone. I downloaded mine Thursday of last week. He downloaded his yesterday.
    For what it's worth, I redownloaded the Sprint 1.12 update from PalmOne just now and did a binary comparison of it against the one I downloaded last week, and the files are identical.
    Folks, to see if there is any difference in rom's, goto the palm launcher, then press the menu button, then right. Then hold down and press enter while it's on about,

Jun 7 2005 15:30:45
    Build_6025[SprintRelEnUS]

that's what I have, and I have no option...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Folks, to see if there is any difference in rom's, goto the palm launcher, then press the menu button, then right. Then hold down and press enter while it's on about,

thats exactly what mine says ( Jun 7 2005 15:30:45
    Build_6025[SprintRelEnUS]) and i have the option for the led, and option for unknown callers. i have yet tested the three-way.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    OK, after reading this I tried the following on the Treo. I have a 650 with 1.12.

Dial a number. Once the called number answers, hold down the green phone button for about 4 seconds. Release, and I then get the flash screen, and a "dial tone" like a land line phone.
    I can dial another number and press phone again to connect. Switching between calls is not perfect tho, and i'm going to look in the new owners manual to see if there is an explaination of this.

And mine is Jun 7 2005 15:30:45 Build_6025 (SprintReIEnUS] as well.
    Last edited by jmcnaught; 06/23/2005 at 01:21 AM.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    jmcnaught, did you really mean :24 seconds? that's different if so!
    Typing and not looking. it reads 15:30:45 -- my bad.
    But Flash works even if I just hit the green button while in a call, but what to do next is not clear - I just searched the new book for an answer on this, and its not there.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p

That's exactly what mine says and I have all of the options. I also have the call timer and ##codes enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    That's exactly what mine says and I have all of the options. I also have the call timer and ##codes enabled.
    I also have the same version numbers but nothing happens if I hold down the Green phone button during a call.

Jeff
    a market specific option? I'm in Los Gatos, Ca (San Jose). Is it possible this is something that is enabled by the system I'm on, like a beta test or something here in my area?

I know this is not a feature of an application I have installed, and have searched the web for some sort of documentation for it, and can't find anything.

The thing that makes me think it's market specific, is that I get a dial tone, when I go into Flash Mode, and I've never heard that on a cell phone before. It's not being generated by the Treo, you can tell it's from the network ( a little static-y)
    Jeff

Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I tested this on my Sprint Treo 650 and I was not able to get it to work while calling voicemail.

But, I was able to get it to work while calling another Sprint Pcs Phone and my home phone (land line). I place the call, wait for pickup, then hold down the green phone button for 4 seconds, once I release the phone button the flash mode is enabled.

I have a custom splash screen, blinking led, ask to add unknown numbers options, and same build numbers as everyone.

Isn't this just information on the launcher and wouldn't necessarily mean that all other files are the same. The latest GSM update give an April 15, 2005 using the same method.

By the way, thank you Shadowmite for all that you've contributed. I've learned an awful lot from you.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    I tested this on my Sprint Treo 650 and I was not able to get it to work while calling voicemail.

But, I was able to get it to work while calling another Sprint Pcs Phone and my home phone (land line). I place the call, wait for pickup, then hold down the green phone button for 4 seconds, once I release the phone button the flash mode is enabled.

I have a custom splash screen, blinking led, ask to add unknown numbers options, and same build numbers as everyone.
    Ahh, maybe the people who have been trying it so far to find it unsuccessful have been trying it on their voice mail?
    I went from stock 1.08 to 1.12. No custom overlays. My revision is the same as above. I have the LED option as well as get SMS option when I miss al call. I am using Sprint in Ann Arbor Michigan. I hold down the green button and only get the dialpad (with a call in progress at the top). I did not call voicemail.
    OK... Tried mine at work today. I get the call flash screen but when I try and call another number to add them to the call it does not go through and freezes out the original call. I then can not hear them and they can't hear me. It keeps taking me back to the call flash screen.
    OK, I've got a SprintPCS Treo 650 in central New Jersey, update 1.12, the Shadowmite tribute overlay, and my info reads Jun 7 2005 15:30:45 Build_6025 [SprintRelEnUS]. While in a call, holding down the green phone button returns me to the main phone app screen and I am able to dial another call. The first call is put on hold at that time and there is a button for conferencing. Never do I see the words "flash" as depicted on call screen1 in post#1. If I hit conference button, all three calls are joined in 3-way. The next screen only gives me a "Hang up all" button, I can't switch between calls. In this screen, I don't have the "Main view" button (as depicted in call screen2 in post #1) but I can toggle back to the main phone app screen by holding down the green phone button.

I guess I have 3-way conference call but no "Flash" or "Main View Button"?
    Last edited by pda_jedi; 06/23/2005 at 12:34 PM.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    OK... Tried mine at work today. I get the call flash screen but when I try and call another number to add them to the call it does not go through and freezes out the original call. I then can not hear them and they can't hear me. It keeps taking me back to the call flash screen.
    I finally got mine to work. Here is what I did.

1. Called coworker and he picks up the phone.
    2. Hold down the green button for 4 sec and release.
    3. I then get dial tone.
    4. I then dial another coworkers number.
    5. When they pickup I press the green button again and then I am on a 3 way with my coworkers.

My problem was that I was not pressing the green button again to connect the 2 calls.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast