Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am using Verichat. Any NON Verichat users seeing this?

I've talked to Palm about it (actual people, as opposed to people you get on the phone if you call them, ha!), and they seem to be puzzled by it.
    That's the same version of Verichat that I'm running.... I guess it's related to Verichat then. I've learned to kinda deal with it since it doesn't happen TOO often, since I love having AIM and there doesn't seem to be anything else that works as well (tho with bugs).

I was starting to think it was related to Ringo Pro, which is also installed on my phone.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  3.    #43  
    I've had the issues on and off for a while (not a VolumeCare user, definitely a Verichat user). Got very crazy for a while (even exchanged a phone to no avail, so it's definitley a software thing), then after a semi-hard reset it got somewhat better. Just the past 3 or so days it got real bad (multiple resets per day), so I did a hard reset and start from scratch. I do have Verichat installed - can't live without that. So we'll see how it goes with no custom sounds and not a ton of stuff installed.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Verichat user here - I'm getting the same errors
    I think this is verichat as well. I don't have any third party volume-related software (ringpro, volume care, etc) on my treo, and I even exchanged for a new treo 650 to no avail. I hope Verichat comes out with a fix soon.
    I'm a heavy verichay user as well so I guess we have our app. I've also switched out units and have the same problem occasionally.. very annoying... I hape they can come up with something because its one of my most used apps only second to chatter...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    So damn sick of this reset several times per day. Isn't it great to have this handy little device and as soon as you turn it on to look something up or make a call or whatever, it resets, and you have to just stand there for 60 seconds while it reboots. Yeah, real useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah
    So damn sick of this reset several times per day. Isn't it great to have this handy little device and as soon as you turn it on to look something up or make a call or whatever, it resets, and you have to just stand there for 60 seconds while it reboots. Yeah, real useful.
    There was a ***very*** old version of VolumeCare that would cause this error. If you are running an old version of VolumeCare click on this link to upgrade:

Treo 600 Download

Treo 650 Download

Jeff
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Have VolumeCare 4.44 and VeriChat 2.89b.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah
    Have VolumeCare 4.44 and VeriChat 2.89b.
    Well that rules out VolumeCare.

Next place to look are any utilites you have loaded that touch the audio subsystem on the Treo. Are you using any headset utilites or MP3 add-ons?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    "Headset utilities" ... I guess not. I never use a headset. Don't think anything that I do have installed has any kind of headset functions.

"MP3 add-ons" ... MMPlayer 1.0.0 is the closest thing I have to that. I have had mVoice installed in the past, though it isn't now - tried it a couple times, but both times my reset frequency shot through the roof even when I wasn't using the program. Don't need it enough to spend the time figuring out why. DayNotez 2.9.1 has a function to record voice memo, which I've only used once. I have Butler 3.28 but don't use its alarms. No pTunes or custom ring tones or anything like that.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have started getting these errors (I got them on an old 650 and also on a "new" referb replacement that I just got for an unrelated problem). Very annoying. I use VeriChat as well. (Version 2.86b) Any more in fo on this? Is VeriChat the culprit?

Keith
    I had problems with Verichat... went away when I switched to SMS mode.

Verichat is completly disabled until I log in, then if I do not have a data connection, I get notified via SMS that someone want to chat with me (or a buddy pounce notice).
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I have VeriChat in SMS mode and still have the problem. I feel that it might be the source of the problem but I haven't found a way to prove it. Renewal time is coming up soon ...
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Since installing VolumeCare 5.01 and Butler 3.41 almost a week ago, I have not seen the "Invalid Audio Profile" exception.

I do have a new symptom, where over time it gets increasingly slower to respond to button presses, but there's another thread on that already.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123