1.    #1  
    My boss just got a new 650 and I have a couple of questions. For this thread, the question is regarding hotsyncing, when you have a docking station for a laptop and a USB hub. After being unable to hotsync and contacting tech support, they said that the 650 has trouble synching through a docking station or hub. He said we will have to plug in directly into the laptop, which is a major inconvenience.

Is this absolutely necessary? Has anyone found any workarounds?

BTW, I noticed from my obligatory search of the issue that some are having bad cable issues, but this is not a problem since it works fine plugged in directly.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I hotsync without any problems using a USB hub plugged into one of my laptop's usb port...the 4 port USB hub I am using has its own power supply. Maybe your hub is "underpowered"?
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    That is a MFR of USB devices old standby. Whatever you do don't use a hub...oh no we don't support that. Very silly answer. I sync with with both my notebook dock at work and a belkin powered USB hub every day.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I sync through a Dell docking station all the time with no problem.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.