1.    #1  
    I'm currently using the Jabra Freespeak 250 bluetooth headset with my Treo 650. I frequently get caller complaints about the sound quality when on the headset. It sounds fine if I'm talking directly on the phone. I get static and crackling frequently, even though the phone is on my belt and 2 feet away from the headset.

Any recommendations for a better/clearer headset for this? I'm mainly concerned with call clarity and quality over features.

Thanks.

Blackwood
    wrong forum...and do a search (sorry) a lot of threads about this

Cardo Scala
    TWH
    Logitech Pro
    Logitech Freedom
    Moto HS850
    SE HBH-300
    SE HBH-662
    SE HBH-660

Everyone has different opinions about all those....all summing up to one conclusion...There is no best bt headset...each one of those headsets has a flaw which prevents it from being perfect
    I don't know about the best, but you can get the Motorola HS820 for $24 and the HS810 for $33 at OD on clearance right now. I have the HS810 and it works well. The audio quality doesn't sound as good as the Treo but no complaints from people on the other end.
    everyone got their own preferences, after trying 3-4 different headsets, I finally settled with my Nokia HS-21W, to me, perfect pickup--QUICK!, good reception, and I can use a clip-on, no need to put it over my ear all the times.
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    a vote for Motorola HS850
    Nice designed, compact enough, clear sound, fast connect
    PUPPYFRIEND! Which OD was this? I need a BT headset right now stat! (lost mine this weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    I don't know about the best, but you can get the Motorola HS820 for $24 and the HS810 for $33 at OD on clearance right now. I have the HS810 and it works well. The audio quality doesn't sound as good as the Treo but no complaints from people on the other end.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by moneymind
    a vote for Motorola HS850
    Nice designed, compact enough, clear sound, fast connect
    interest to know, can it do a < 2 seconds pick up time??
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    I just completed my first test of my HBH-300 and am happy to report that I no longer have a range issue.

All I really wanted was to be able to have high quality on both ends with the phone on my right side and the headset on my left ear. Not only is it crystal but I was able to walk about 20 ft away before there was any static at all and was able to carry on a conversation without difficulty (some noise) from about 45 ft.

I haven't checked to see how far I can go before a disconnect but I don't really care abt that.

Unlike some reports, it picks up on outbound calls without me having to delete the BlueTooth device cache. (Perhaps 1.12 fixed this)

It picks up on the second ring and connects on outbound calls instantly.

I haven't worn it for long but it seems comfortable. It's heavier than the small ones but is somewhat flexible.

Previous Headsets:

Jabra 250: (Bad range, noisy, didn't reliably pick connect
    Scala 500: Great when it had line of sight to the phone and 2 feet away.
    Were you able to get your 650 to pick up your outgoing calls on the HBH-300 without pusing the button on the headset? Were you able to answer calls by just pressing the green button and have them automatically transfer to the headset, like the HBH-660 does. If so, how did you do this,specifically? If it involved deleting files, what file names and where. I really like the sound on this headset and would like to make it work as well as my 660. Thanks a bunch!