1.    #1  
    I confused here. What is the most current update released from Palm for the Cingular 650? I am running 1.04, but I see all sorts of different updates that people are running.
    Quote Originally Posted by lars464
    I confused here. What is the most current update released from Palm for the Cingular 650? I am running 1.04, but I see all sorts of different updates that people are running.
    I think you are getting confused with the Sprint ROM and the GSM Unlocked ROW (Rest of the World) ROM.

There has not been a release for Cingular.

What people are doing is flashing their Cingular (or AT&T Blue) ROM to an unoffical beta ROM from PalmOne (1.15, 1.21 or 1.23) AND then flashing it again to the Official PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650 (1.28 ROM and 1.13 ROW). Of course this is all unofficial and probably voids your warranty with Cingular...totally unsupported. But it works...

It is confusing yes
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the explanation. I guess I will wait for the official release.
    Quote Originally Posted by lars464
    Thank you for the explanation. I guess I will wait for the official release.
    That's kind of like waiting for h$## to freeze over. Sprint users are on their SECOND update, Cingular 0.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    We had our Carkit update and the Voicemail Updater ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just upgraded my phone with the unofficial rom and am VERY happy. Voice quality is much better and my phone now works in the bathroom when it previously would cut out. So now I can surf the web :-D
    This just plain sucks. I really wish they'd release the official update.

I don't want to update with the Unlocked GSM version for fear of being stuck with the unlocked firmware from now on. Not to mention the fact that it might void the warranty.