1.    #1  
    I know that Butler will allow you to control your LED but i can't justify spending $12 just for that (I don't care about the other features). All i want is a utility to change my LED when i have a VM, that's it, nothing else. Does anyone know of such an app?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    LedOff?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    LedOff?
    Yep and it's free!
    LedOff doesn't do what he asked (I don't think)... it just turns it off, he wants an app to change the LED color when a VM comes in (was my assumption).

TreoAllegro for the 600 could do this but it was buggy for VM notification, worked ok for SMS notification.. doesn't work that great on the 650 though.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    I know that Butler will allow you to control your LED but i can't justify spending $12 just for that (I don't care about the other features). All i want is a utility to change my LED when i have a VM, that's it, nothing else. Does anyone know of such an app?

Your LED changes to orange when you have a VM, does it not?

Bek
  6.    #6  
    I'm trying the new version of LEDOff but i think this is turning off my led until i get a VM. The only change i want to make is, change the color or flash rate of the led when i have a message.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Yeah, LEDoff won't do that for you...

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Your LED changes to orange when you have a VM, does it not?

Bek
    No, it doesn't

scottymomo, you understand what i mean. I tried TreoAllegro but it doesn't work on the 650.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    butler is 25% off until June 30th.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Yeah, LEDoff won't do that for you...
    If you want to leave all else alone, you're right it won't. I like the LED off except when I receive a message so it works great for me
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotmedic
    butler is 25% off until June 30th.
    How do you get the 25% off? Where?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Trying out the new 3.0 version of Butler and VM notification doesn't seem to work for me (ATTWS aka cingular blue)

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    LedOff doesn't do what he asked (I don't think)... it just turns it off, he wants an app to change the LED color when a VM comes in (was my assumption).

TreoAllegro for the 600 could do this but it was buggy for VM notification, worked ok for SMS notification.. doesn't work that great on the 650 though.
    Ditto. I have JUST been going through this same issue. I'm peeved since my old school Kyocera 6035 managed the trick of fast flashing the LED when there was a voicemail waiting or missed call.

ANYWAYS to summarize my experience which I think matches what others have seen.

For a Sprint Treo650:

-LEDoff is a passive program that does a good job of BLOCKING other programs (or the phone) from turning on the LED. However just checking the "Voicemail waiting" box will not actively turn on the LED if you have a voice mail. You need another program to do that for you. However if you did have a program that did that, UNCHECKING the box would keep the LED off.

-TreoAllegro is buggy and didn't work very well when I tried it. Sometimes the LED would go on for no reason...and "false-positives" are really annoying.

-Butler seems to work. I downloaded the trial version from palmgear.com, however the version was 2.86, not the new 3.0. I agree that it just seems WRONG to pay $12 to get the one feature I actually want. If I wanted all the other features, then $12 would be a bargain.

So where can I download version 3.0 and where can I get it for 25% off?
    Butler is worth the $$ since it does a lot more than just the LED feature. It also allows you to scroll with the volume buttons, gives you some alarms and the attention grabber is invaluable to me.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Butler is worth the $$ since it does a lot more than just the LED feature. It also allows you to scroll with the volume buttons, gives you some alarms and the attention grabber is invaluable to me.
    I think your last sentence says it all "is invaluable to me", i don't want any of the other features so IMHO, $12 is too much.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Butler does do a lot, however if the ONLY feature you want and the ONLY feature you will use is the LED for voicemail, $12 is a little much. If you want, and will use all the other features, then $12 is good price.