1.    #1  
    I have applied the latest Sprint firmware update to my T650, and yesterday my brand new Logitech Mobile Pro came in the mail.

I had been using the Jabra 250 but got sick of wondering if my calls were going to switch to it when I received/made a call!

Anyway. This morning I happened to have the T650 on my desk as I stood there and turned on the bluetooth headset. And, the phone woke up!!

I pressed the red phone button to blank the screen and then pushed the multi-purpose-button on my headset. The headset made a beep, the phone woke up, and the headset made another beep.

I was leaving for work so didn't have time to experiment further, but does this mean I'll be able to use a voice dialer with my headset???

I'll be experimenting with this tonight, but couldn't wait to see if anyone knew.

Edited to add: I have Keyguard ON, but it even unlocks that!!!

Cheers,
    Chickenhawk
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    tell us more
    My Logitech wakes up my 650 too. But then it doesn't do anything. I guess I could have Voicedial launch whenever the Treo wakes. What's the best utility for that and I'll try it?
    How is it waking up? I tried and it doesn't do that with mine. Are you using Sprint?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    How is it waking up? I tried and it doesn't do that with mine. Are you using Sprint?
    Yep, Sprint.

I spent lunch reading the notes of various voice dialers which ALL say they don't support T650 because of the BlueTooth implementation.

I'm going to try a few of them anyway and hope they just haven't noticed the change.

Here's the question I need to answer tonight (unless someone already knows): If you manually wake up your phone and start your voice dialer can you then use your BT headset to voice-dial??

If so, I'll bet this works now, since my headset will wake up the phone when I press the headset multi-purpose-button.

Here's hoping!!
    ChickenHawk
    OK,

Heres what I did. I installed OnLaunch. Told it to launch VoiceDial on resume. My bluetooth phone wakes it up, voice dial launches but it doesn't connect through the headset. Once it dials though, my headset connects. It's far from perfect. My phone has to be in earshot and it only launches if it was sleeping.

Wonder if Onlaunch can have a Bluetooth Action setting? Or if VoiceDial can put that feature in their app?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    My Logitech wakes up my 650 too. But then it doesn't do anything. I guess I could have Voicedial launch whenever the Treo wakes. What's the best utility for that and I'll try it?
    Well, if this works it wouldn't bother me too much to launch my voice-dialer manually.

I use the PalmOne leather side-case, and I can reach the side-button even when I'm sitting in the car with the phone in the case on my belt. Since I can use my headset button to wake up and unlock my Treo, I wouldn't mind having to reach down and press the side button to launch the dialer. Then I'm in business!

If it works.

ChickenHawk
  8.    #8  
    OK, I just saw your follow-up post. If they all work like that then it won't work for me on my belt.

Sigh.

ChickenHawk
    Well, assuming that your Treo can hear you and vice versa, it should still work. OnLaunch was just so i don't have to hit the side button. But it's a good idea.

I have voice dialed from a couple feet away before. But in the leather case... not sure.

And, I'm guessing that another update is coming out for bluetooth voice commands. Both voice dialling apps claim that PalmOne has a bug and that it's supposed to be fixed.
  10.    #10  
    I downloaded VoiceDialer Pro V1.0.2 from Handango.

It specifically says it doesn't support BT voice-dial with the Treo 650 but I tried it anyway. Hoping they haven't tried since the Sprint update.

After some experimentation I realized it is picking up the dial command from the Treo microphone .. not the headset. But, it seems to work OK. I'll be curious to try it in my car tomorrow.

Here's the procedure:
    1) Press multi-purpose button on the Logitech Mobile Pro
    2) I hear a beep; the Treo 650 wakes up; I hear another beep
    3) I then press the side button on my Treo (which I assigned in VoiceDialer as the QuickStart button).
    4) I issue the VoiceDial command ... and I'm talking!

I can reach the side-button on my Treo while I wear it even when sitting down. If this works in the car I'll register the software. If not (sigh) I'll hope there is one more update in our future.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    My motorola hs 820 also wakes up the phone when i press the button. Still cant use the headset with voice dialer though. Sorry.
    I'm trying the same thing as ChickenHawk, but it still requires yelling who you want to dial so the Treo in the holster can hear you. Right? My wife says I look like I'm shouting at my private parts to call someone.
  13.    #13  
    I'm trying the same thing as ChickenHawk, but it still requires yelling who you want to dial so the Treo in the holster can hear you. Right? My wife says I look like I'm shouting at my private parts to call someone.
    Exactly! Well, it's also fairly useless because car noise makes the dialer unreliable. I got a few wrong numbers dialed while I was playing, which to me makes it unacceptable.

Darn, I really got my hopes up. I sure hope this gets resolved in the T650 eventually.

On the bright side, I really like my new Logitech Mobile Pro BT headset. Beats the crap out of the Jabra 250!

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    re: "My wife says I look like I'm shouting at my private parts to call someone."

Uh, they're not private anymore, are they? Thanks for sharing!
    Regarding my privates: NO COMMENT.
    Regarding the Mobile Pro: Range is 20 ft through one of my home walls. Pretty pleased. Wondering if volume care would help though? It's a little low for a noisy environment.

Regarding Voice Dial (Treo version from Palm). It's been flawless if I speak clearly and the phone is close to my mouth. Hope that bluetooth compatibiliity is soon.
  16.    #16  
    Regarding Voice Dial (Treo version from Palm). It's been flawless if I speak clearly and the phone is close to my mouth. Hope that bluetooth compatibiliity is soon.
    I agree. But, if I have to pick up the phone at all I may as well use a speed dial button. I guess I'll wait for the big fix.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    So has anyone figured out if/how to do a redial from the Logitech Mobile Pro headset?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA