Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    After reading countless threads on the various issues that folks are having with the 650 and how one solution will work for one person and not work for another, I got to thinking about could cause this. Something that struck me is that there is one major change that Palm made which was to switch to HTC to manufacture the T650. I know that HTC is highly thought of but it strikes me that this could be part of the problem.

The issue I'm currently dealing with is the low volume on my unlocked GSM T650. Jeff Gibson has a new version of VolumeCare which seems to fix the problems for some people but for myself and others it makes no difference. How can this be? I know that each person is likely to have different applications installed on their T650 but something as basic as the volume level should not be affected by the applications that are installed. Most applications don't adjust the volume so I don't think the issue is conflicting applications.

I do know one thing. I will not buy the next generation of Treo unless Palm gets these basic problems fixed. As many people have posted, having to deal with this kind of crap after paying hundreds of dollars (or whatever your currency is) is just not acceptable especially since this is far from a first generation device. I think that when a viable alternative hits the market and it will, a lot of Treo users are going to jump ship. Even if it's running Windows Mobile. One thing I'll say for Windows Mobile is that it's continuing to get better with each new version while Palm seems to be stalled.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    What I don't get is that while waiting for my P1 Vienna Channels phones to ship, I went and bought Cingular branded. I bought three. The volume on all three is better than the volume on the P1 phones, I bought four all shipped at different times,some different months.

Other thing I don't get is that talking Treo to Treo sounds crappy, and speaker phone is not all that great, it was much better on 600. How do we get worse?
    [QUOTE=TxDot]Something that struck me is that there is one major change that Palm made which was to switch to HTC to manufacture the T650. I know that HTC is highly thought of but it strikes me that this could be part of the problem. QUOTE]

All the treos starting with the 90 have had annoying little issues like this. I think it is just part of the terrain when you own a device like this.
    Bad excuse, but unfortunately reality...
    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I have thought the same thing all along. There are some inconsistencies in the hardware.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com