1.    #1  
    I have installed the FW 1.28 without problems.

1.04 -> 1.23 -> 1.28

But I have a problem. When I restore my backup with hotsync, at the end the Treo forces to me to do a reset. Then the Treo begins to do a loop reset and I have to do a hard reset.

Somebody have the same problem?
    Last edited by sgbmad; 06/22/2005 at 07:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Haven't had this problem, but have you tried doing a warm reset instead of a hard reset? It's pretty much made for getting out of loops, and it doesn't wipe your data.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    Thanks kvcobra. Yes, I have tried the warm reset but when I press "home" button, the Treo reset again.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Ouch! That's not good. I don't have the problem and don't have Cingular, so this is stretching it, but can you get into the Phone app after a warm reset? If so, there's a code you can punch in (##377# on Sprint, Cingular uses some *# combo) to find out the last app that crashed the device. If you can get that far, you can try excluding that app from your restore.

If not, I'm thinking you'll have to start fresh (install apps 1 by 1 until you find the culprit).
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Helix Holster
    I use a program called Crash to log the crash causes - it's fairly helpful...
    Cingular Treo - upgraded to FW 1.28/SW Treo650-1.13-ROW Apple Powerbook running Tiger
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Ouch! That's not good. I don't have the problem and don't have Cingular, so this is stretching it, but can you get into the Phone app after a warm reset? If so, there's a code you can punch in (##377# on Sprint, Cingular uses some *# combo) to find out the last app that crashed the device. If you can get that far, you can try excluding that app from your restore.

If not, I'm thinking you'll have to start fresh (install apps 1 by 1 until you find the culprit).
    Yes, after warm reset I get into phone app. Then, I have to enter *#377# and press dial?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat
    I use a program called Crash to log the crash causes - it's fairly helpful...
    Yes, I use Crash. But I can't install it from hotsync backup because success the loop reset.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    FYI, I had the same problem. For me I've tried a million things to figure out what could be the cause:

1. I renamed my backup folder and then synced (after a hard reset). No reset loop.

2. I added a bunch of programs back and indeed something that was there was causing it.

3. I added a few key apps back (HanDBase, MyBible, Verichat, Mobile TS, and mVoice) and it was still working. I decided to go with just those.

A day later I had an app (Versamail actually) reset and it started the endless loop.

I have since been playing with various configurations and have a bare minimum of apps on there right now without it resetting for the last 3 days. I'm afraid to try adding others in as I don't want to start over again!

Hey, do you have Verichat, Mobile TS, mVoice, Filez, or HanDButton installed? Perhaps we can figure out by deduction which is causing our problems!
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaupert
    FYI, I had the same problem. For me I've tried a million things to figure out what could be the cause:

1. I renamed my backup folder and then synced (after a hard reset). No reset loop.

2. I added a bunch of programs back and indeed something that was there was causing it.

3. I added a few key apps back (HanDBase, MyBible, Verichat, Mobile TS, and mVoice) and it was still working. I decided to go with just those.

A day later I had an app (Versamail actually) reset and it started the endless loop.

I have since been playing with various configurations and have a bare minimum of apps on there right now without it resetting for the last 3 days. I'm afraid to try adding others in as I don't want to start over again!

Hey, do you have Verichat, Mobile TS, mVoice, Filez, or HanDButton installed? Perhaps we can figure out by deduction which is causing our problems!
    Exactly!! I'm afraid too. I before used more programs...
    For example, Card Export caused that I start over again...
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sgbmad
    Yes, after warm reset I get into phone app. Then, I have to enter *#377# and press dial?
    ##377# is the Sprint code; not sure what the Cingular one is, but I know there's an equivalent one. According to the forum on shadowmite.com, #*377# does work on an unlocked GSM, but not sure about a Cingular-branded one. Search for "cingular error log" or something like that and you should find it.

No need to press dial. The screen comes up as soon as you press the last key in the sequence.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster
  11.    #11  
    ##377# is the Sprint code; not sure what the Cingular one is, but I know there's an equivalent one. According to the forum on shadowmite.com, #*377# does work on an unlocked GSM, but not sure about a Cingular-branded one. Search for "cingular error log" or something like that and you should find it.

No need to press dial. The screen comes up as soon as you press the last key in the sequence.
    thanks kvcobra, but #*377# doesn't works.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Check page 188 of your Cingular user manual. According to that, it's #*377, then send. Guess I was wrong about the trailing #.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster
  13.    #13  
    Check page 188 of your Cingular user manual. According to that, it's #*377, then send. Guess I was wrong about the trailing #.
    Exactly. The code is: #*377 + Dial.

Thanks again!
    I have run into the same problem. I get into endless reset loops (not even sure what caused the first one), and after doing a hard reset, my Treo is fine. However, when I do the Hotsynch, I get an "unexpected error" while restoring SplashPhoto and the enless reset begins again. I am in the process of trying the process and eliminating SplashPhoto from my backup/profile to see if that is the cause.

Frustrating...I have quite a few apps loaded...but may have to start from scratch!
    No luck. At the end of the backup when I have to reset, it goes into the reset loop again. I'm pretty tired of looking at the PalmOne and Palm logos!
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for the referral. After reviewing the thread, I did the following:

1. Hard reset of my Treo - cam up fine, but obviously no apps loaded
    2. I made a copy of my profile in the Palm directory (as a backup while I tried a couple of things)
    3. I deleted the system preferences file
    4. Finally (drumroll please)...I did a Hotsynch and pressed the 'reset' button...held my breath, as this is when the perpetual resets usually started...and it worked!

I have been happily working away with all my apps. The only fallout (though it has admittedly been only an hour) has been having to re-enter registration keys for all my apps. So far, so good!

Thanks for the tip to see the other thread!!