Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

I'm using Chatter with a couple of IMAP accounts and it works great, however when using exchange it is hit and miss. The reason apparantly is that my laptop is downloading the mail message faster than Chatter is seeing it on the server. That means it's downloading to my computer and I'm never seeing it (unless I'm at my computer). It's a hassle to always remember to log off my email, are their any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Kevin R.
    Something doesn't sound right. Do you have your laptop accessing Exchange as a POP server? (I ask because reading mail on your laptop shouldn't have ANY effect on the messages that Chatter would see) If so, I'd think you'd want to reconfigure it to use IMAP (indeed, this is one of the beauties of IMAP), so that messages won't get removed from the server...

Marc
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I think it's downloading the mail from the server to my personal folders. I'm not sure if I can switch to IMAP because I may lose other exchange features like public folders etc. I'm sure I have more learning to do on this stuff but I just tried Chatter yesterday and it's really an awesome piece of software, so I'll keep trying
    You shouldn't have to lose the mail on your server to read it on your laptop; I'm not an Exchange expert, though; maybe somebody else can speak up here!

Marc
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I actually just modified my mail profile to change the default delivery store to be my exchange mailbox instead of my personal folders. That way the email doesn't get "removed" from the server and downloaded to my laptop. I also configured Exchange to use offline folders so that it caches all mail locally so that I can still have it offline. Sounds like the best of both worlds. Thanks for chiming in...

Kevin R.
    Let me know how it goes... Also check out the boards at www.chatteremail.com; it also would be a good idea to sign up for the newsletters there...

Marc
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Great, I'll do that. With my current configuration it's working okay. Although I'm getting double messages since my 2 imap accounts are triggering when mail hits the server and also when they get delivered to my inbox. I'll check out your boards as well.

Thanks,

Kevin R.
    You mean double notifications? Or duplicate messages? Duplicate notifications could be due to virus checking software...

Marc