1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a better contact manager than the "Contacts" that came with my Treo 650? Ideally, I'm looking for one that can handle multiple addresses per contact- that's my biggest complaint with the current app. Whatever app I use would also have to have a conduit that will work with Apple's "Address Book" on OS X. Thanks!
    I have been using Agendas for years. Heh, since my Kyocera 6035 days in fact!

http://www.iambic.com/products/default.asp?palmos
    I second Agendus Pro version - combined with 2day and TakePhone and you're gold.
    I am happy with Agendus as well I manage over 6000 contacts with it now with no problems. If you get it there is a setting to disable the Letter Tabs (you will know what I mean when you see it) I wish I would have found this setting earlier.

As far as multiple addresses by default there are only lines for one address but you do have multiple Custom lines that you could put addresses in if you like. Unfortunately I am not sure if you can change the name of a Custom line.

Treonaut did a good write up on the major PIM players. Follow this link about half way down the page. http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/03/index.html
    DatBk5 is one of the fine PIM replacement out there!

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use Datebk5 (and am a fan).

To the OP, Datebk5 is more like a Calendar and Tasks on steroids.

It interfaces with Contacts, you can create links to contact information in your appointments or todo's etc .. but it is not a standalone Contacts manager. At least I haven't found any way to just get better version of Contacts like you have asked for (like multiple addresses etc).

The web site has a 100+ page manual that you can download to see what all the spftware can do.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    I am happy with Agendus as well I manage over 6000 contacts with it now with no problems. If you get it there is a setting to disable the Letter Tabs (you will know what I mean when you see it) I wish I would have found this setting earlier.
    Where is that setting? Been driving me crazy!!!!
    It is so simple it will kill you midmofan. I only started looking for it when a website mentioned you could turn it off.

Open your contacts in Agendus. On the bottom are a bunch of icons go the the one on the far right. It looks like a card with some circles on it with a screwdriver looking thing protruding out of it. Open that... its right there.
    As far as multiple addresses by default there are only lines for one address but you do have multiple Custom lines that you could put addresses in if you like. Unfortunately I am not sure if you can change the name of a Custom line.
    The name of the Custom fields can be changed via the Palm Desktop or in the Treo using a program called ABFR.

Agendus does allow the same under of addresses (3), phone numbers(9 I believe) and custom fields (9) as the Desktop does. If you input your contacts in the Desktop the additional fields will sync, or you can input them directly into the Treo buy tapping the blue + at the bottom of the screen.
    Hi All,

New Treo650 owner here.

This is a very important issue for me as my contacts are my life blood in my business.

I have about 30 custom fields in outlook (we use custom made contact forms) for each contact. I realize that there is not a program that will allow us to carry over all those fields.

I have narrowed the MUST have fields to 3-4 fields.

Here is my question. I see all this software that allows the using of USER or CUSTOM fields. Well those are great. BUT I don't see any way of mapping those custom fields to the fields I needs sync'd in my outlook contact record.

Am I missing something? Can anyone answer this for me please.

Thanks again for your help.
    It is so simple it will kill you midmofan. I only started looking for it when a website mentioned you could turn it off.

Open your contacts in Agendus. On the bottom are a bunch of icons go the the one on the far right. It looks like a card with some circles on it with a screwdriver looking thing protruding out of it. Open that... its right there.
    ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

LOL Thanks loads.
    This thread inspired a more thorough search. Turns out that TealPhone and Address XT are both simple and look much better. Both can be found at PalmGear.
    Contacts5 finally now supports the Treo650 and other NVFS Palm OS devices but decent 5 way support is lacking and doesn't appear that you can dial without pulling out the stylus The previous version before the upgrade did allow it on the 600
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Contacts5 finally now supports the Treo650 and other NVFS Palm OS devices but decent 5 way support is lacking and doesn't appear that you can dial without pulling out the stylus The previous version before the upgrade did allow it on the 600
    Yes, bus still relies ont the DM, it does not (fully?) use the new database. A bithday impoted in Contacts5 does not apear in Contacts.
    there is a product by dataviz.comm that I used years ago the maps custom fields from outlook, I am not sure how many fields it is limited to but it does a fine job.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    What about Contacts 5 v. Agendus Pro?
    Trialing the new (well new as of November 7th) version of AddressXT (www.addressxt.com) and so far I like it the best of the ones I've tried (which hasn't been much). The interface is clean and simple, looks and acts fairly similar to the standard contacts app with some better features and seems to work well with the 650. It's only $10 to boot.

Pros from what I've seen so far:
    * Uses the standard palm contacts DB, so you can enter a birthday in it and it shows up in the standard contacts app, so it supports the extended fields.

* While you can't add a picture to a contact through it, the pictures assigned in the standard contacts app show up larger when viewing a contact

* For those who like to sort other than by Last Name, First Name, it can sort:
    --- Company, Last Name
    --- Company, Title
    --- First, Last (although apparently you do actually see a comma in between)
    --- Company, First
    --- Last, Title

* Can select a contact, hit the Green phone button (brings up list of numbers for the contact), then green phone button again to dial or select another number from the contact's list of numbers, or choose to send an SMS or email

* Recognizes that a completely empty contact entry should not be added

* Color themes (especially colors for every other row)

Cons:
    * Search is a little slow, didn't like the one handed search capability (where you use the D-Pad right/left, up/down to add letters to the search criteria) so sticking with entering a couple characters then scrolling up and down. Also, the list of matching contacts doesn't collapse to only show you what meets the search criteria, which would be nice

* Would be nice if there was a dial option with the center button, but then again, if you had more than one number for a contact you might want to see the list first.

* No option to display all numbers for a given contact in the contacts list.

* Doesn't support typing the first initial, then last name like the stock contacts app
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."