1.    #1  
    Well I updated my Treo 650 to the new 1.12 firmware for Sprint and now my Sony HBH-662 will no longer work with my phone, so I need to downgrade to 1.08, but I can not find it ?? If anyone knows where to get the 1.08 firmware for Sprint can you please be so kind as to point me to it Also is there a way to just downgrade the BT to the old version and keep the rest of the upgrade ??

Thanks

Jeff B
    Shadowmite would be the best place. But you may not be able to downgrade from 1.12.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have it in my computer still. Can e-mail it to you but if history is repreated, I believe there is no going back. I wanted to do that with the first update I ever did to my 600 and couldn't. Kept getting a message about the current version being newer than what I was trying too install. I suggest you work through the problems you might be having.
    I still have the 1.08 Sprint Treo Updater file on my hard drive. If my carrier will allow it to go, does you home email accept 10mb attachments?

Cheers, Perry.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I still have the 1.08 Sprint Treo Updater file on my hard drive. If my carrier will allow it to go, does you home email accept 10mb attachments?

Cheers, Perry.
    Yes I think I can get up to 10 megs Please send it to viperbsd@sbcglobal.net

Thank you and if I can not downgrade looks like I will have to buy yet another BT headset.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    As Insertion mentioned, there have been reports that it won't let you downgrade. Then again, other reports say you can install one of Shadowmite's custom 1.08s, then install the official 1.08 if you wish.

If you can't take it as an attachment, I can post it to a server tomorrow for you to download. Just lemme know.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    same problem here w/ the HBH-662, when a second call comes in, and you push the headset button, it hangs up on both lines!! ugh, annoying ain't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbsd
    Yes I think I can get up to 10 megs Please send it to viperbsd@sbcglobal.net

Thank you and if I can not downgrade looks like I will have to buy yet another BT headset.

Jeff
    I am sure that you have exhausted all methods of making the BT Headset function with the 1.12 firmware. . . . . . . it would be ashame to give up the lack of dialing lag, if you do not have to. . . .

I will try to email the 1.08 tonight.
    After upgrading to 1.12, I can no longer pair my HBH-662. Anyone got this to work?
    I was able to take my VZW modified Sprint 650 from 1.08 (orig, plus a custom ROM) back to 1.03 for a warranty replacement, so I would only assume that you could take a 1.12 back to 1.08 as long as you use the original Sprint/Palm rom update to do it.
    Using the restore rom at my site you should always be able to flash back to 1.03 and go from there I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Using the restore rom at my site you should always be able to flash back to 1.03 and go from there I believe.
    Yes you can, thats what i did right now! I started thinking that maybe the battery life was so bad because palmone did something to the new firmware update to distinguish whos using custom roms. I dont know but thats what i think! anyway Yes it does work, but its going to state that 1.12 is the current firmware but i figured it was 1.03 because the keyboard lights didnt dim. I'll keep u posted if my idea about the battery drain is correct.
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Wondering if you have notices a change with battery drain after going back.