Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just received my cingular bill and it's $1200!!!!!!!! I have media works for $19.99, which they did charge for! Then, there is 3 INTERNET XPRESS charges with one of them totaling $980.00 for over 101,000 kb used!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they're playing stupid giving me the run around! Has anyone had this problem? Thanks for your time.
    Unbelievable! Let me ask you this, did you disconnect from your web browser after using it? Some have had the unfortunate experience of high bills because they fail to physically disconnect their web browser. BTW, on their "playing stupid"...they're not playing!

Dreadone
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadone
    Unbelievable! Let me ask you this, did you disconnect from your web browser after using it? Some have had the unfortunate experience of high bills because they fail to physically disconnect their web browser. BTW, on their "playing stupid"...they're not playing!

Dreadone
    Why should that make a difference if the plan is for unlimited data?

Is this a problem of having the Media Net plan when you're suposed to really have a PDA plan?
    did you choose the unlimited billing option
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vzar
    I have media works for $19.99, which they did charge for!
    That's your problem. MediaWorks only includes 5M of data usage and unlimited multimedia messaging. MediaNet is the unlimited internet plan with no messaging. Hopefully Cingular will be nice and refund some or all of your money, but you're on the wrong plan

Brett
    I just noticed from your post you say you have the "Media Works" $19.99 plan.

Sounds like that might be part of the problem. That plan only includes 5 MB per month. It's $0.01 per KB after that.

You probably wanted the $19.99 Media Net plan which gives you unlimited data.

Edit - Brett just read my mind as I was typing my response.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I just noticed from your post you say you have the "Media Works" $19.99 plan.

Sounds like that might be part of the problem. That plan only includes 5 MB per month. It's $0.01 per KB after that.

You probably wanted the $19.99 Media Net plan which gives you unlimited data.

Edit - Brett just read my mind as I was typing my response.
    Bingo!

Dreadone
  8.    #8  
    I don't believe I left it connected and yes it is unlimited usage. The last 3 months have been no problem and I've used it the same amount. Here is a copy of that section of the bill.

MEdia Works-Txt Msg
    Internet Pay Per Use
    Media Works-WIX
    MEdia Works-MMS
    Text Messaging 33 0.00
    Text Messaging 969 0.00
    INTERNET XPRESS 2,133 2,133 0.01 21.33
    INTERNET XPRESS 5,290 5,290 0.00 0.00
    INTERNET XPRESS 100,893 97,821 0.01 978.21
    Mobile to Mobile 3 0.00 0.00
    Subtotal
    Again, there is no such thing as an Unlimited Media Works plan. There is only the unlimited Media Net plan or the unlimited PDA plan. And your internet says "per per use"?

Did you have Media Net before and somehow it got changed?
  10.    #10  
    I was just looking at my past bills and you're right. I changed my plan this last month (up on minutes only) but it looks like a lot of other things changed as well. Thank you all for the eye opening! Here I go on the phone with cingular and try to get a little relief out of it!!!! Thanks again.
    I was just looking at my past bills and you're right. I changed my plan this last month (up on minutes only) but it looks like a lot of other things changed as well. Thank you all for the eye opening! Here I go on the phone with cingular and try to get a little relief out of it!!!! Thanks again.
    Be polite and it will work. They have the ability ot keep you on the Original Media Works, I still have it and I changed plans, but I made sure they understood I was keeping the Unlimited-1500-200.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Give us an update after you are done. Hope it works out for you.
    I had a similar issue... I had signed up for the Unlimited PDA plan when we migrated to Cingular (since the first month was free)... I had an issue where I couldn't connect, so they put the "pay per use" item on my bill, since it trumps all other setups and when I got it working, got it removed the same night.

Imagine my surprise when I got a bill for almost $900 ... I was nice when I talked to Cingular, and they credited it back to my account.. However, due to the amount of money, it had to get escalated 3 times.. and took almost a week..

michael
    I had exactly the same problem last November with my Rogers account...

The data usage charge was $2600.00 ...about $2080 USD

As GardnerMS experienced, the frontline Rogers staffer was unable to authorize the credit but bumped it up the next level and it was corrected the same day...

Thank-you very much Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Again, there is no such thing as an Unlimited Media Works plan.
    Yes there is, I have it. Unlimited web access, 1500 text, 200 MMS for $19.99
    He is correct. There IS no such thing. There WAS such a thing back in Feb that you (and I) are grandfathered-in.

I'm afraid to call Cingular for any reason now. I think that if the reps make ANY change, their system dumps that plan for the current version(s).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  17.    #17  
    Ok everybody, first of all there is such a plan after looking at my original contract and it reads: Media works for $19.99 includes, 1500 text messages, 200 mms, unlimited Media net. After a long conversation with cingular, they had me fax over my original contract and if it is what I say (and it is) they will credit my account and re-establish the original plan. Faxed over and waiting for a reply. Will keep ya posted. Thanks again for all your help!
  18.    #18  
    By the way, my plan was from Feb. before they chaged the rates.
    I tell everyone I know who is on Cingular that if they call in to change their plan to make them fax you a copy of the new plan immediately!!!! My son is in the Navy and was with Cingular last year....he had a large voice and unlimited data....after a couple of months he saw that he wasn't using that much of the voice so he called in to go to the next lower voice but keep the data, yep you got it they changed the data!! He has a Treo 600 and needed the unlimited data. Well his next bill was over $1600!!! He called and tried to work it out and they said 'he' authorized the data change, he told them who but a crazy person would change the unlimited data...anyway he is no longer with Cingular...he's on Mama's T-mobile plan, where for the last 6 years there is no surprises no matter how many times I changes things around.
  20.    #20  
    How funny!!!!! I wish I could post audio on here! As I was finishing my last post a few minutes ago, my cell rang and there they were CINGULAR calling back! They left a message and they are crediting my acount $990. AND has re-established my original agreement of Media works package of $19.99 with 1500 text, 200 mms and UNLIMITED MEDIA NET!!!!!! Today is a great day! Drinks on me!!!!!! Thanks again for eveyones input, it helped a lot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast