Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a bit worried now. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have this:

MEdiaNetUnlimited $19.99

Am I going to get screwed? Is this truly unlimited? Thanks in advance.

McCade
    Truly unlimited but no text messaging. That's the only difference.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Cool, thanks! Imagine my sigh of relief. Was not looking forward to possibly getting a $900 bill.

McCade
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vzar
    How funny!!!!! I wish I could post audio on here! As I was finishing my last post a few minutes ago, my cell rang and there they were CINGULAR calling back! They left a message and they are crediting my acount $990. AND has re-established my original agreement of Media works package of $19.99 with 1500 text, 200 mms and UNLIMITED MEDIA NET!!!!!! Today is a great day! Drinks on me!!!!!! Thanks again for eveyones input, it helped a lot.
    Congrats.
    ive always had problems with cingular, started with at&t a few years back, the service was bad, bad coverage, then went to cingular, cingular was the only company that ever said i went over on my minutes, they had me down for using minutes while i was at school, and no matter who I talk to always has problems with cingular charing them extra ****, i guess for the amount of time it takes its worth it for that one dumb person who doesnt catch the extra charges on their bill. then I went to nextel which was good but overpriced, up until a year ago, after the hurricanes hit FL, the service sucked after that and I got Sprint and my treo650, on a shared plan with my dad and bro and for me n my dad to have unlimited internet PCS Vision is 5 bucks a month for me and free for him, oh well, im stickin with sprint for now
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vzar
    Just received my cingular bill and it's $1200!!!!!!!! I have media works for $19.99, which they did charge for! Then, there is 3 INTERNET XPRESS charges with one of them totaling $980.00 for over 101,000 kb used!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they're playing stupid giving me the run around! Has anyone had this problem? Thanks for your time.
    Oh, #$%#*. I guess I should be thankful for this thread. I migrated from AT&T to Cingular in February. Because of this thread I went online and checked my account's features. And guess what? I'm on the $19.95 Media Works plan, with the $39.95 PDA Connect Unlimited as an available feature. Although I signed up for unlimited data when I migrated over to Cingular (and sent zillions of megabytes as recently as March without incurring any horrible bills) something tells me that I'm no longer on an unlimited data plan.

Thanks, folks -- I'm going to call Cingular and see what's up before I have one of those $1,000 bills.
    I just got with Cingular a couple of months ago and I have been having problems since Day 1. I have constantly had to call them for something, from not receiving my phone to my voice plan being wrong to not getting my corporate discount...you name it, its been an issue. So I got my last bill and I had over $200 of data charges. Basically in the midst of calling them for other stuff, I missed the deadline of the unlimited data for a month, and got charged over for using 200,000kbs of data! And no matter how I express my sob story, they won't credit my account. I understand its technically my fault, but give me a break somewhere for all the other screw ups I keep having. I think Cingular customer service is the most evil cult of people in the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    Oh, #$%#*. I guess I should be thankful for this thread. I migrated from AT&T to Cingular in February. Because of this thread I went online and checked my account's features. And guess what? I'm on the $19.95 Media Works plan, with the $39.95 PDA Connect Unlimited as an available feature. Although I signed up for unlimited data when I migrated over to Cingular (and sent zillions of megabytes as recently as March without incurring any horrible bills) something tells me that I'm no longer on an unlimited data plan.

Thanks, folks -- I'm going to call Cingular and see what's up before I have one of those $1,000 bills.
    If you weren't on the MediaNet plan before Feb, you'll have to do some slick talking to get the $19.99 plan, which includes the SMS and MMS. I tried, but to no avail. When I signed up for the $24.99 plan (w/o SMS & MMS), they asked me what type of phone I had, at which point I told them the the Motorola V220 (which was my backup phone). I punished them with 12066 KB on my last bill and that's not even with my email account configured yet...heheheheh. For some reason, Cingular doesn't want to sign you up for the MediaNet plan. They'll push the Data Connect Unlimited for $44.99. I don't feel too bad since I get a 15% discount on all my services anyway, but I woulda liked the practically unlimited SMS.
    Crypto
    m100 -> Tungsten W -> Treo 650 -> Treo 750

"Popeyes is the shizzznit!!!"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12