1.    #1  
    Hello all. Hopefully someone will have some insight and a fix for my problem.

I updated to the TREO 650 ROM 1.12 (Sprint) and am now getting the following error when I press the sync button from within versamail:

There was a problems syncing events.

When I clicked on the "Details" under the first error message I get:

AirSMAStateMachine.c 2107 1509 Server returned error for last command. Status:5

Now I am able to syncronize email but when it starts to sync the calendar I get the errors above. I've never seen these errors until I upgrade.

Has anyone encountered this error with the new ROM upgrade?
    Can anyone suggest a fix?
    If there's no fix should I go back to the old ROM? Where can I find the old ROM?

Thanks in advance!
    kaliwete
    I'm getting the same error when syncing mail/calendar using ActiveSync after installing the new ROM. A soft reset did not help.

Syncing a POP account in VersaMail works fine.

Does anyone know of a fix?

-Jason
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaliwete
    I updated to the TREO 650 ROM 1.12 (Sprint) and am now getting the following error when I press the sync button from within versamail:

There was a problems syncing events.

When I clicked on the "Details" under the first error message I get:

AirSMAStateMachine.c 2107 1509 Server returned error for last command. Status:5
    Ok siffring, I think I fixed it.

Go to Preferences | Date & Time .
    Make sure Enable Local Network Time is checked.
    Try resyncing again.

I actually reinstalled the ROM 1.12 update and this time check the above option and it worked (for now at least).

Give it a shot and let me know...
    Enable Network Time was already checked in my case. I uncheck and rechecked but still get the same error.

I'm glad yours is working though. Thanks for the tip.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    activesync, haha

the new Microsoft Treo 650???
    For what it's worth, Activesync is working fine for me after the upgrade to 1.12.
    Has anyone else gotten this error after upgrading to 1.12? It was working fine for me before the update.
    ActiveSync is working better for me after the upgrade. I used to get a different type of error (coincidentally Status 5 tho) before the upgrade which prevented me from ActiveSyncing.

I have gotten the "state machine" error a couple of times after the upgrade - but it's been after I've done a restore from a backup and then re-sync'd. Just clicking "sync" a couple of times has cleared it up, so it's been a temporary error. Doesn't sound like it's temporary for you tho - sorry about that...
    After spending some time on the phone with Sprint tech support and in their store, I was able to "fix" my problem. It turns out that the 1.12 update includes a newer version of VersaMail which is not compatible with the version of Exchange server my company runs. They weren't able to tell me which version of Exchange is compatible, so I'm basically stuck.

The guys in the Sprint store flashed my phone with the older 1.08 update that includes the older VersaMail. After restoring my data from a backup, everything worked again.

Lesson learned: If you run "Test Settings" from the Account Setup menu and get the message like "Success!!! But incompatible version." it means that your version of VersaMail is not compatible with your version of Exchange.

I was also amused by the fact that the tech guy from the back room of the Sprint store asked me if I had seen the posts on the treocentral.com forums regarding this problem. He chuckled when I told him I was one of the folks posting about this problem!

Good news: Sprint is reading these forums.
    Bad news: They don't have much more information on this problem than we do.

If anyone figures out what version of Exchange is compatible with this version of VersaMail, please let me know.