1.    #1  
    Hi, I was hoping I might get some help here, as Palm's support has been unable to help.

I'm running Windows ME, and here's the problem:

I started the installation process by inserting the CD that came with my 650. I was able to succesfully install the Palm Desktop software. I then started step 2, and chose to HotSync with Outlook and Palm Desktop. The install program shows a window that says it's configuring and restarting Hotsync. At this point is where I'm running into the problem.

The first error message that comes up is as follows:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\Program Files\Palmone\Hotsyncwizard.exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

At this point, I click OK and the screen pops up that says "Congratulations, you've synced," and wants me to go on to registration. However, I have NOT synced. When I click Next, it goes to te page where you can choose all the different software that comes with the phone.

Here is where I get the second error popup. It says:

Registry Editor
    Cannot import .\run\palmrun.reg
    : Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

I click OK here, also, and can proceed to the installation of the extra software. However, a MS-DOS window pops up and has the following information:

E:\English\Essential_Software>regedit.exe /s .\run\palmrun.reg

I tried pressing the hotsync button on my cable, and an hotsync operation performed, however, the transfer of information was incomplete. My memos, schedule and tasks from Outlook were imported, but none of my contacts were transferred.

Per Palm's support, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, registry edited, super uninstalled, etc, but the same thing happens every time I try to install.
    Last edited by Huskies4all; 06/21/2005 at 04:55 PM.